Joining files with Avisynth in VirtualDubMod

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Joining files with Avisynth in VirtualDubMod

Post by SrgtWilco » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:30 pm

Just as a heads up, I am completely inexperienced with Avisynth.

Here's the script I'm trying to use to join two .VOB files:
DirectShowSource("F:\Film - Anime\Last Exile\01.1_First Move.VOB")+DirectShowSource("F:\Film - Anime\Last Exile\01.2_First Move.VOB")
And when I try to load it into VirtualDubMod, here's the error message I get:
Avisynth Open Failure: DirectShowSource: I can't determine the frame rate of the video; you must use the "fps" parameter
Please let me know what script I should use, how I can figure out the frame rate of the clip, or just some general advice on loading my files with Avisynth.
Murphy's Constant: If outcome may = A or B, where A=Good and B=FUBAR, anticipate B as most probable result.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:45 pm

you should be using dgindex to process the vobs and they you would use mpeg2source instead of directshow

Pwolf

SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Post by SrgtWilco » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:05 pm

Pwolf wrote:you should be using dgindex to process the vobs and they you would use mpeg2source instead of directshow

Pwolf
So, what's dgindex? Where do I get it?
Murphy's Constant: If outcome may = A or B, where A=Good and B=FUBAR, anticipate B as most probable result.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:31 am

SrgtWilco wrote:
Pwolf wrote:you should be using dgindex to process the vobs and they you would use mpeg2source instead of directshow

Pwolf
So, what's dgindex? Where do I get it?
http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec.html

It's part of DGMPGDec (the other component is DGDecode). It's an update/replacement for DVD2AVI/MPEG2DEC.

I'd recommend getting the newest non-beta release. AND if you ever update it, be warned that D2V files made with the previous version won't work anymore so you'll have to create them again (a minor inconvenience).

Directions for use here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... getb2.html
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:36 am

Oh, and for future reference, this is how you apply the fps parameter:
DirectShowSource("F:\Film - Anime\Last Exile\01.1_First Move.VOB",fps=29.97)+DirectShowSource("F:\Film - Anime\Last Exile\01.2_First Move.VOB",fps=29.97)
This does require finding out what the correct fps of the video is first. :|
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Post by SrgtWilco » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:53 pm

Willen wrote:Oh, and for future reference, this is how you apply the fps parameter:
DirectShowSource("F:\Film - Anime\Last Exile\01.1_First Move.VOB",fps=29.97)+DirectShowSource("F:\Film - Anime\Last Exile\01.2_First Move.VOB",fps=29.97)
Thanks, this helps a lot - could you tell me how I can find the fps, though?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:00 pm

SrgtWilco wrote:
Willen wrote:Oh, and for future reference, this is how you apply the fps parameter:
If you open the VOB directly in VirtualDubMod (without AVISynth), then go to File --> File Information..., it should tell you.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:13 am

Scintilla wrote:
SrgtWilco wrote:
If you open the VOB directly in VirtualDubMod (without AVISynth), then go to File --> File Information..., it should tell you.
haha, that's how I always do it.

SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Post by SrgtWilco » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:32 pm

*tents hands Monty Burns style*

Eeexcellent...

SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Post by SrgtWilco » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:48 pm

Pwolf
...one more problem though: I've downloaded dgindex, and taken a look at it, and looked at the guides, and I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to do and where I'm supposed to use it. Help?

Return to “AviSynth Help”