Deinterlacing with VirtualDubMod instead of AviSynth..?

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Deinterlacing with VirtualDubMod instead of AviSynth..?

Post by Emong » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:44 am

At first, I've read the guides. Had some troubles understanding some things but I've read them.

The problem is, I can't seem to remove interlacing and keep the perfect smoothness of the footage at the same time. Yes, I know Huffyuv clips don't necessarily run smoothly when played on a media player but I've tried working with those and made a test clip with Sony Vegas. And the video still keeps twitching. I've tried many different scripting options concerning deinterlacing and none of them seem to work with satisfying results.

Anyway, how come there's no mention of the deinterlace filter available in VirtualDubMod? I'm sure there's a reason for it though, so why should I not use that option to remove interlacing? It seems to be working..? Can someone help me with this annoying deinterlacing problem? It drives me crazy.

(Maybe I should mention here that I use PAL footage.)

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:04 pm

it's not mentioned because it's not very flexible. if you can get good results with it though, go for it.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:49 pm

Minion wrote:it's not mentioned because it's not very flexible. if you can get good results with it though, go for it.
Well, I tried the options available in VirtualDubMod. The result was smoothly-running but the image was quite awful because of the together blended fields.. I think I'm making some progess with the AviSynth thing though. But I never seem to get perfectly smoothly-running footage. The annoying twitching is not clearly visible but it's always there and it just keeps bugging me.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:42 pm

What if you use the script to make a test clip with a distro codec such as XviD instead?

Also, it never hurts in situations like these to post your script. You may be using some less-than-optimal settings.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:17 am

Fun this should be brought up, since I was discussing it with Kit last night.

I use a combination of VDM and AVS. It seems to give me the best results.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “AviSynth Help”