Confusion with framerate conversions

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
hotstreek
Org Profile

Confusion with framerate conversions

Post by hotstreek » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:01 am

I've been dedicatedly following EADFAG. So far I've ripped DVD footage (choosing to rip only the video and not the audio), and gone through deinterlacing via AVIsynth. So now I have progressive footage at 23.976fps and want to edit in Premiere Pro. The guide seems very vague to me at this step (I'm trying to follow Option 1), and I'm starting to think that I'm confusing pre-edit conversions with post-edit conversions.

Right now my AVS script is simple and reads:

mpeg2source("F:\Sean\DVD rips\NTHT\VTS_01.d2v")
Telecide(order=1,guide=1)
Decimate(cycle=5, mode=2)

Do I just add "AssumeFPS(24)" to this? And if so, do I need to convert my source audio (wav taken from CD) to match?

Basically I just need to know the proper steps to get my video and audio to the proper framerate for editing in Premiere. I'm almost there, I just need a push in the right direction.

Thank you to anyone in advance who decides to help me with this, my head is starting to spin trying to work this out.[/url]

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Confusion with framerate conversions

Post by Scintilla » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:04 am

hotstreek wrote:Do I just add "AssumeFPS(24)" to this?
Yes.
hotstreek wrote:And if so, do I need to convert my source audio (wav taken from CD) to match?
If you are using Option 2 <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... s.html">as described here</a>, then yes. (If you're using Option 1, you'll be converting it later on in the process instead.)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

hotstreek
Org Profile

Post by hotstreek » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:10 am

Thank you very much for the speedy reply!

So then just to clarify, if I were to go with Option 1, my audio would be converted only after I've finished editing my entire AMV?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:21 am

Yes. Well, I mean, you could always <i>convert</i> it now and save time, but you don't actually <i>use</i> the new file until after you're finished editing your video.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

hotstreek
Org Profile

Post by hotstreek » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:26 am

Yeah, I actually did convert it already, thinking that I would need it for editing. I'm glad that was caught before I made that mistake.

Thank you very much for your assistance! That should be all the clarifying I need to continue. :D

Return to “AviSynth Help”