Possible to make AVS files from MP4?

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Possible to make AVS files from MP4?

Post by tuxedomarty » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 am

Okay peeps, there's this show I was planning to make videos for, but it doesn't have an official DVD release, however I saw a guy selling a DVD set of the complete series for only $31.99 on Sell.com, and I was planning on buying it when I got my check, but yesterday when I went to look at it again, it said the listing was removed along with all the other sets the guy was selling. And I haven't found any other DVD sets of the show anywhere. And the only way for me to purchase any season of this show to get onto my hard drive is by buying the episodes on iTunes. And as you probably know, iTunes' video format is MP4. So is there a way to use MP4 files in AVS files to use in Premiere 7.0?
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Possible to make AVS files from MP4?

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:58 am

The problem with video files from iTunes is not the format, but decrypting them. There have been decrypters out there in the past but as music stopped having DRM development on that slowly died out. Since downloadable content has historically been lower quality than their disc counterpart there has been a lack of development or effort to break encryption on them. That being said, as more things become digital only that may change. Unfortunately that means you may have to find if there still is an available method for decrypting iTunes media.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:26 pm

Yea you can make avs script for mp4 without problem. Anyway if it is really encrypted like l33tmeatwad wrote then probs ony choice woud be record payback with camstudio or obs
Still better than that MMO.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Mol wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:26 pm
Yea you can make avs script for mp4 without problem. Anyway if it is really encrypted like l33tmeatwad wrote then probs ony choice woud be record payback with camstudio or obs
I would not recommend "screen recording" as an option ever...there are (pay) tools out there that will use iTunes to convert the files which would be faster and not suffer from potential issues from screen capturing. That said, I have zero experience with any of them so I am not able to make a recommendation.

As for the older method of stripping the DRM, here is a link to someone's guide that may or may not work.

tuxedomarty
Org Profile

Post by tuxedomarty » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:50 pm

Mol wrote:
So how does it work? What do I need to do?
I can't stand weeaboos and people who keep badmouthing dubbed anime and say it sucks.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:10 am

tuxedomarty wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:50 pm
Mol wrote:
So how does it work? What do I need to do?
You can find a step by step guide to handling MP4 files in the AMV 101 guide.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:23 am

tuxedomarty wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:00 am
Premiere 7.0?
*not sure if referring to Premiere Pro 1.0, which was also known as Premiere 7.0, or to Adobe CS7*
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Return to “AviSynth Help”