AviSynth OSX 10.9.5 install problems

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Busty
Org Profile

Re: AviSynth OSX 10.9.5 install problems

Post by Busty » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:28 pm

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:04 pm

Did you install AviSynth via AMVpack? If so, it it's possible the FFmpeg Input Plugin could be causing this issue. Does the script work in AvsPmod? If that is the case, try opening the script by opening VirtualDub, going to file, open, then selecting " AVIFile input driver" in the drop down.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Busty
Org Profile

Post by Busty » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:18 am

Yes, I installed Avisynth via AMVPack as described in your installation guide.
In AvsPmod I noticed that in the script the path to the file was insufficient. I corrected that, but the file still won't open.

I might be blind or something, but I can't find the option "AVIFile input driver in Virtualdub, where should that be? When I open VirtualDub, go to the script file and open it, that's where I get the error message which I did the screenshot from.

What I find curious:

I open AvsPmod, go to Edit - Insert - Insert source so that AvsPmod writes the syntax. Then, when I go to Tools and select one of the two encoders, it says "The current Avisynth script contains errors. So it seems AvsPmod is creating a faulty script?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:04 am

For "AVIFile input driver", in VirtualDub go to FIle, then click "Open video file..." and in the "Files of type:" drop down box in the "Open video file" dialog, that will be the next to last option.

As for the script errors, post your script so I can see what you're working with.

Busty
Org Profile

Post by Busty » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:22 pm

yeah, right, found it. As I said, I may be blind.

When opening via "AVIFile input driver", the error message goes:
"Avisynth open failure: AVISource couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc dvsd (C:/Program Files\AviSynth\Plugins\test.avs, line 1)"

regarding the script, it's just this for the opening test: AVISource:("test.avi").

When I was opening the video file with AvsPmod (Edit - Insert - Insert source) it was scripting AVISource:("full path\test.avi"), so I thought I made a mistake in syntax. But I guess the full path name is just optional as long as the script is in the same folder as the avs.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:50 pm

There should be no : in there, it should just be AviSource("C:\filelocation\file.avi") and such. As for the "Couldn't locate the decompressor" it means that the codec is not installed inside of WINE. I would try again with Ut and see, since you installed AMVpack I know that it installs Ut codec (unless you unchecked it during the install process). Try creating the file without audio and see if you can get it to work, there could be an issue if you recontainer audio that's not compatible inside of AVI as well.

If you would like to install the DV codec you are using, try locating the windows installer and in PlayOnMac go to configure, click on AMVpack, then click on Miscellaneous, then click "Run a .exe file in this virtual drive", locate the installer and run it.

Busty
Org Profile

Post by Busty » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:16 am

Success, thanks to you!

This morning it worked out. The problem was that I used codecs that weren't installed in the windows environment, as you pointed out.

When I convert the video to UTvideo codec and use as container avi, then the video opens in VirtualDub via AVISource. (The only application that can accomplish that - that I know of - is ffmpeg.)

Now, if I want to install some plugins like the QTGMC plugin package, should I go for the new plugin pack using the updated Avisynth 2.6 interface (as described here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156028 ) or a different one and, just to make sure, how would I install them in PlayOnMac?

I just want to use avisynth to deinterlace with QTGMC with 50fps. Maybe I'll learn about some more plugins in the longer run, but this is the main goal right now.

Hey, and I'm really grateful that you took the time and walked this through with me. Thanks and keep it up!

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:24 am

To install any codecs you can find the windows installer for, simply use the method I mentioned above to "Run a .exe in this virtual drive" once you have the windows installer.

Busty
Org Profile

Post by Busty » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:47 am

How would I go about installing additional filters like toot.dll or similar in OSX? CAn I just put them into the plugins folder or do they have to register somehow / somewhere?

Busty
Org Profile

Post by Busty » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:57 am

just tried it myself with the chromashift filter and it loads.I just put it in the plugins folder, so that seems to be it, if I'm not missing soemthing.

Return to “AviSynth Help”