Error in Avisynth

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
blaze077
Org Profile

Error in Avisynth

Post by blaze077 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:59 pm

I was trying to create a good encode of a basic TV .ts file so I created the following script:
loadplugin("c:\plugins\fft3dfilter.dll")
vid="C:\Users\Naval Wing\Desktop\dankmeme.m2ts"
aud="C:\Users\Naval Wing\Desktop\dankmeme.m2ts"
FFIndex(vid) AudioDub(FFVideoSource(vid), FFAudioSource(vid))
tfm(order=1, field=1, cthresh=14)
TDecimate()
UnDot()
FFT3DFilter()
Spline36Resize(1280,720)
#deinterlace
#crop
#resize
#denoise
However, when I use the FFT3DFilter function, I get this error:

"System Exception - Access Violation"

The FFT3DFilter dll is in my Avisynth plugin folders as well as the SysWOW64 and System32 folders. Would really like to make this work. :(
Also, an offtopic question: Would it be better to use the Resize function after I've applied all my filters or is it better to use it before the filters?

Thank you.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Error in Avisynth

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:35 am

First off, FFT3DFilter belongs in the AviSynth plugin folder OR you load it manually and does not need to be in the system32 folder. That particular error is AviSynth running out of memory and that can often happen, especially with older filters like FFT3DFilter. To get around this you could create an AVI that you then apply filters to or try out AviSynth+ and use 64-bit. Before doing that you may want to try this new tweaked version of FFT3DFilter. BTW, you may want to actually add in some settings to better tweak for the needs of your source.

Side note: If you have FFMpeg Input Plugin for VirtualDub installed, make sure you set "Files of type" to "AVIFile input driver" when opening scripts. Not doing this can cause the input plugin to fill up the memory and cause various error messages.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

blaze077
Org Profile

Post by blaze077 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:23 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:First off, FFT3DFilter belongs in the AviSynth plugin folder OR you load it manually and does not need to be in the system32 folder. That particular error is AviSynth running out of memory and that can often happen, especially with older filters like FFT3DFilter. To get around this you could create an AVI that you then apply filters to or try out AviSynth+ and use 64-bit. Before doing that you may want to try this new tweaked version of FFT3DFilter. BTW, you may want to actually add in some settings to better tweak for the needs of your source.

Side note: If you have FFMpeg Input Plugin for VirtualDub installed, make sure you set "Files of type" to "AVIFile input driver" when opening scripts. Not doing this can cause the input plugin to fill up the memory and cause various error messages.
I tried out the new version of the FFT3DFilter but seems it still gives the same error. I loaded plugins manually as well as placed them in the plugins directory. I will try it tomorrow using an AVI file too. Thank you. :D

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:58 pm

Loading the plugins elsewhere is still loading the plugin. Manually loading a plugin will not act any differently than an autoloaded one.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Return to “AviSynth Help”