A few questions about Avisynth and Video

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Locked
blaze077
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:29 pm
Org Profile

A few questions about Avisynth and Video

Post by blaze077 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:26 pm

I'm new to Avisynth and have a few questions about Avisynth as well as video:

1. I know that Avisynth+ has some better features than Avisynth 2.6 but is there any compatibility issue that I might encounter if I switch?

2. Sorry if this is a stupid question but considering that Avisynth loads every plugin that you place in it's source directory, wouldn't it become slower as it loads so many plugins?

3. What is decimate mismatching?

4. Can someone give me or direct me to a source that has a mixture of 2 or more framerates? How would I notice the different framerates? Is there a way to fix that?

5. What is the best filter in Aviysynth for IVTC (for TV versions and DVD separately)? I have never touched DVD sources and have only practiced on .ts from some anime that have released over the past few months. I used the tDecimate() function in TIVTC and it seemed to work well.

Thank you.
P.S. The guides here are really awesome and simple to understand. A Huge thanks to ErMaC and AbsoluteDestiny.

User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A few questions about Avisynth and Video

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:54 am

blaze077 wrote:1. I know that Avisynth+ has some better features than Avisynth 2.6 but is there any compatibility issue that I might encounter if I switch?
AviSynth+ is a fork of the original AviSynth with parts re-written to implament multi-threading and 64-bit processing. There may be some compability and stability issues when using some older filters that were not recompiled with the AviSynth+ header, but that will probably not affect your workflow.
blaze077 wrote:2. Sorry if this is a stupid question but considering that Avisynth loads every plugin that you place in it's source directory, wouldn't it become slower as it loads so many plugins?
The amount of plugins loaded will not affect the processing speed.
blaze077 wrote:3. What is decimate mismatching?
I haven't heard that exact wording before, but it sounds like it would be when the source has mixed 30 and 24 fps footage.
blaze077 wrote:4. Can someone give me or direct me to a source that has a mixture of 2 or more framerates? How would I notice the different framerates? Is there a way to fix that?.
Generally the solution if you are just trying to process it through for playbak would be to decimate just the parts that need it, which is handled by TIVTC itself and it will generate a file for a MKV containering tool to use (as MKV can handle VFR files). You would visually notice the issue if you either decimated it all and the 30fps parts would be choppy, or didn't decimate it at all and the 24fps parts would be choppy.
blaze077 wrote:5. What is the best filter in Aviysynth for IVTC (for TV versions and DVD separately)? I have never touched DVD sources and have only practiced on .ts from some anime that have released over the past few months. I used the tDecimate() function in TIVTC and it seemed to work well.
In most cases, TIVTC functions tfm() and tdecimate() should take care of interlacing and restoring the the frame rate of the original source (24fps/FILM).
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

blaze077
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:29 pm
Org Profile

Re: A few questions about Avisynth and Video

Post by blaze077 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Thank you for the explanation.

blaze077
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:29 pm
Org Profile

Re: A few questions about Avisynth and Video

Post by blaze077 » Sun May 15, 2016 12:29 am

Does combining several filters into one function and then calling it in your script improve memory usage or is it just for making it easier to read? I think it's only for the latter but I just want to make sure.

User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A few questions about Avisynth and Video

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun May 15, 2016 8:03 pm

blaze077 wrote:Does combining several filters into one function and then calling it in your script improve memory usage or is it just for making it easier to read? I think it's only for the latter but I just want to make sure.
No, it would not make a difference on memory usage.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

blaze077
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:29 pm
Org Profile

Re: A few questions about Avisynth and Video

Post by blaze077 » Sun May 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Is there some audio encoder that uses avisynth scripts to encode audio? For video, I use the x264 cli encoder but I'm confused as to what to use to encode the audio. DGIndex is pretty good as it also demuxes the audio but it isn't frame specific so for trimming I use basic Trim functions.

User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: A few questions about Avisynth and Video

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue May 31, 2016 8:06 am

FFMPEG that is compiled to enable AviSynth can encode the audio from an AVS. The ones included with Zarx264gui would work if you use them via command prompt, however the gui itself requires video to be encoded with it as well.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Locked

Return to “AviSynth Help”