joys of evangelion movies

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

joys of evangelion movies

Post by Mol » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:44 am

Howdy.
So yeah i kinda felt like editing to 3 evangelion movies (so original i know :awesome: )
Now im thinking what to do with dis poop... Crop? I guess it doesn't look too bad tho few scenes need adjustments. Or resize 3rd movie? kinda did sample64resize on 3rd up till 1080+ is that bad? :dino:
Still better than that MMO.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: joys of evangelion movies

Post by Mol » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:07 am

Option nr3 copy pasta scenes allign at top n bottom , and pretend to be stylish.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:01 pm

You could edit in 2.35:1 and crop the first two movies while editing, and by that I mean load the videos uncropped and then manually adjust the video vertically scene by scene so that you get the important info onscreen... this also gives you some vertical panning leeway. It might be the best idea.

Alternatively you could downscale everything to 1280x720 while cropping the sides in 3.33, but I don't like this option since the 3.33 scenes will likely look "zoomed" compared to the rest (due to the different amount of detail and lineart thickness). This would be even worse if you tried to upsample the third movie, I'd say that's out of question.

Another solution is to carefully plan the aspect ratio switches so that they impactfully add to the video as a whole (check this video for a bit of an understanding), but this might be hard to pull off depending on which scenes you want to use and when... a couple AMV examples that come to mind that did this are and . You could argue even did this. It's a very interesting albeit situational solution.

My suggestion: go for option 3 if your video allows for it, otherwise stick to option 1, which is the safest in terms of detail and quality consistency throughout the video.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Temporary i used option 3 as I was scared i won't get it done in time, i'm still waiting for all my lovely beta-testers to take a look. I tried to vary it with some slight zooms, flips , blur + blur with mono, copy pasta try to align etc.
Yeah 720p was my first thought , but then i remembered it's still at dumb res. I guess i can try option 1 since i still have time, thanks!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:44 pm

This thread is really old but seeing how the DVD for Eva 3.33 finally comes out in less than 2 weeks...

These movies aren't in the same aspect ratio? Excuse me if I've misread this discussion but that's what it sounds like. And why?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:53 am

seasons wrote:This thread is really old but seeing how the DVD for Eva 3.33 finally comes out in less than 2 weeks...

These movies aren't in the same aspect ratio? Excuse me if I've misread this discussion but that's what it sounds like. And why?
They are not. Because art, or something.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “AviSynth Help”