Deblocking problem?

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
melrose
Org Profile

Deblocking problem?

Post by melrose » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:31 am

Hi. I haven't made a video in a while and wanted to so I was going to use InuYasha. I've been trying to clean up my footage but I can't seem to get this part of Inuyasha's sleeve right. I have tried the filters recommended in the A&E guide and it just wont clean up.

I've noticed that it is blocky around the dark edges in the red color. I don't seem to see it anywhere else but red. I have tried a deblocker and it doesn't seem to have any effect on it.

You can see the effect on the video better.

Right now my code in Avspod is this:

ConvertToYV12()
TDeint(mode=2, type=3)
Spline36Resize(864, 480, src_left=4.575, src_top=0, src_width=710.85, src_height=480)
Crop(112, 0, -112, -0)
Dfttest(sigma=20)
LSFmod(strength=120)
maa()
Tweak(sat=1.3)

I removed all my code just to make sure i hadn't over filtered and it is still there.

If anybody could help me with this, I would appreciate it. I've spent the last few hours searching for the answer unsuccessfully.
Thank you.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Deblocking problem?

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:32 am

Useless conversion, crappy deinterlacer (the reason for your problem), incorrect resizing (but nice copypaste I guess), overfiltered as fuck, ruining colours more than spline36resize already did. That's a short analysis of your code. Now start over and use a better deinterlacer; see doom9 or doom10 for suggestions I suppose.

Return to “AviSynth Help”