Script for some animes

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
hehaime
Org Profile

Script for some animes

Post by hehaime » Wed May 30, 2012 3:04 pm

I just need to know if those animes need some filtering on AviSynth, since I'm a newbie on script lines when the subject it's AviSynth.
Yes, I already read the AviSynth guides and those general stuff, but still... I don't know what lines to use on:

http://imgur.com/a/sV3X0

1 - 2 - 3: Mushishi [BDRip, 1280x720] - need some contrast, light?
4 - 5 - 6: Pale Cocoon [DVDRip, 1280x720] - remove the grain/noise? and again, more contrast and/or light?

Thanks.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Script for some animes

Post by Mister Hatt » Thu May 31, 2012 11:43 pm

The first could do with a light sharpen, something like EE() and no options; certainly no need for contrast adjustment though. The second doesn't have any noise but you might want to add some grain to it, possibly after a tuned mctd if you're a stickler. I don't think either REQUIRES filtering however.

When it comes to avs, the rule of thumb is the same as any other scripting or programming language: if you don't know how to do what you want on your own, best not to do it. Everyone seems to think there are magical scripts that work on every single show ever, or that they always need to filter. This is not the case.

Return to “AviSynth Help”