How to keep black at beginning

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Lord Rae
Org Profile

How to keep black at beginning

Post by Lord Rae » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:15 am

I have a video with a few seconds of black at the beginning and end. The compression withe Zarx seems to want to remove the black and start the video immediately. Which throws off the song and throws off the sync.

I'm fairly out of date on video tech so I've been trying to climb back into it but it isn't easy when everything you used to do is a few years old and no longer used. I have made a couple videos for contests but haven't actually released anything in the last 2 or 3 years because I haven't been able to encode things properly. Trying to rectify that now.

I searched for this problem but the results were pretty scattered so I hope this isn't a often noted problem.

MY AVS script is insanely basic but it looks like this.

AVISource("C:\Documents and Settings\Lord Rae\Desktop\Sequence 02.avi")
Crop(88, 54, -90, -60)

I assume that part of my problem is I need to resize this some. The original source was 16:9 and 720x480 at 23.97.

The main problem atm is that when I compress this the video gets thrown off by a about 4 seconds from the audio and all the black video I had gets wiped out. What is the solution to this? Its probably staring me in the face so I apologize for the newb level questions. I tried using the resize calculator tool in the AvsPmod. But I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing. Do I enter the video size after the croping? Before the crop? And since the video is 16:9 do I select that or leave it 1:1? I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Re: How to keep black at beginning

Post by Lord Rae » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:23 am

Ignore that question about the resize editor. I keep forgetting to look where I should.

But the question about the black video getting removed throwing the video off stands.

Can't edit my earlier post so I had to respond.

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:58 am

It sounds more like his output file from Vegas (or whatever editing software) is being altered by Zarx264GUI.

Be sure you have the latest version of Zarx. Latest video codecs as well?

Maybe output a different video codec and convert that with Zarx?
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:43 am

What version of zarxgui are you running? I thought I recalled this same issue being brought up as a bug in an older version. Though I could be completely imagining that.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:20 am

Huh. I've been working with it for the last few days and everytime I output it I had the same problem. I made a slight alteration of the original file and created a fresh script and it worked like a charm. damn. I had random problems like that that have no real solution other than keep trying. hehe

Thanks anyway I guess. If anyone is curious I was using Premiere CS3 and yes the latest version of the AMVapp and Zarx.

Return to “AviSynth Help”