Suggested scripts

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
OzzieAlThor79
Org Profile

Post by OzzieAlThor79 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:17 pm

So (if I follow Scintilla's comments earlier in this thread) the typical:

Telecide(order=1,post=2,blend=false,vthresh=30,back=1)
Decimate(cycle=5,mode=3,quality=3)

Type functions are old hat now? Most people use this other one?

If so, does that mean Telecide and Decimate are useful but the this new thing is even more effiicent?

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:41 pm

OzzieAlThor79 wrote:So (if I follow Scintilla's comments earlier in this thread) the typical:

Telecide(order=1,post=2,blend=false,vthresh=30,back=1)
Decimate(cycle=5,mode=3,quality=3)

Type functions are old hat now? Most people use this other one?

If so, does that mean Telecide and Decimate are useful but the this new thing is even more effiicent?
Myself personally, I tend to switch back and forth. I've had some problems getting TIVTC to work for me (since I'm still an AVIsynth noob) and then i go back and used the old Telecide/Decimate combo. But TFM is something to look into. All I can say is read the documentation and learn what everything does first. Then play around with it in your free time.

I find Telecice/Decimate to be a good place for noobs to begin so they can understand IVTC. TFM is kinda easy, but can be a bitch to tweak. I still run into some botched Inverse telecining myself so I can't explain how it is supposed to work. But I'm sure a more knowledgeable member will be around at some point and they can offer better insight.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:53 pm

Generally, the reason TIVTC is getting lots of praise and noteworthiness right now is for many of the same reasons DGIndex/DGDecode have become standard in place of DVD2AVI/MPEG2Dec3 - except that TIVTC isn't an evolution of Decomb. Like DVD2AVI, Decomb hasn't seen an update in a few years - whereas TIVTC is still being actively developed (and has already shown itself to garner better results in most cases).

Case in point: I've always absolutely hated Telecide because I could never seem to get good clean results with it - even if some frames were ok, others had lingering artifacts, sometimes it was interlace lines sticking around, or color glitching, and sometimes even bad color gradients. After scanning through TFM's readme, setting it for some of the most aggressive settings I could (which is the source of why the order=-1,mode=5,PP=7,field=-1,slow=2 settings are oft-cited: I mentioned using that on RahXephon back in March or April last year and getting success with those exact settings on other sources as well), and running it through, I couldn't see any of those things - the only thing was maybe some jagged lines which at first I dealt with by calling TIsophote, but more recently figured out that some of TDecimate's more advanced settings* helped minimize that (and with how fast such scenes were going to be played, it would probably not be that noticeable, if at all).

*in particular: mode=1, nt=2, m2PA=true, denoise=true

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:06 am

don't supposed anyone who's used the perfect blue r1 has the script they used still laying around?

i've taken care of the boarders already. i've never seen a company fuck up boarders so badly
Crop(18, 64, -6, -60)

what the fuck :|
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:08 am

Minion wrote:i've never seen a company fuck up boarders so badly
Crop(18, 64, -6, -60)

what the fuck :|
That's Manga Entertainment for you. Did the same thing to the two Eva movies and Macross Plus: Movie Edition (the latter of which is 4:3 as it is, with gratuitous borders still equaling out to 4:3 and hardsubs). X/1999 isn't quite that bad from what I remember, but it's not much better either.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:55 am

Vegeta119 wrote:Anyone have any scripts for DBZ naruto or flcl? <.<
My script for FLCL:

Code: Select all

MPEG2Source("C:\FLCL_V1\FLCL_V1.d2v", cpu=4)
Telecide(order=1, guide=1)
Decimate(cycle=5, mode=2, quality=3)
Crop(8, 0, -4, -0) #(8) from the left is for ep 3 else (4) is ok
LanczosResize(720, 480) #adjust to fit your project
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:54 am

does anybody have a good script for hajime no ippo? or will I have to mess with this myself?

OzzieAlThor79
Org Profile

Post by OzzieAlThor79 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:43 am

Godix: I see what you mean about the original Eva. I used the script on the AMVwiki site as a start and I still can't get that footage to look better.

My first 2 AMVs we're just ripped using a 3rd party program straight to M-PEG 2's. I was hoping that ALL of the ugliness of my footage was because of that.

Seems to be only part of it.

It did help alot to turn up the contrast and just add a touch of saturation using Tweak... it's still pretty ugly.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:32 am

Anybody have a good script for Yu Yu Hakusho?

Examples of Untouched Media:

Eh, Any help would be appreciated.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:56 am

kino's journey, anyone? :O
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Return to “AviSynth Help”