Avi Synth and Vista

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
eadsja
Org Profile

Avi Synth and Vista

Post by eadsja » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:19 pm

Windows Media Player 6.1 does not work at all with windows vista. The Operating system will not allow it to be installed (but there is a promise to fix that in the future fromt he web site).

Now, for someone like me who is use to the manual/check approach (I like to dash in and out of my raw TXT file to manipulate AVS scripts), how can I get the AVI's to plug through another default program, like the new media player that is packaged with windows? Is there an alternate 'bare bones' player that is compatable with Vista?

*Waits for the call just to use Virtual Dub* yeah, but it's a whole lot easier for me to do it the old skool manual way. :D
Annoying, obnoxious and opinionated.

eadsja
Org Profile

Post by eadsja » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:36 pm

Never mind, it was a simple matter of associating it with media player then forcing it to attemp playage... Silly windows...

eadsja
Org Profile

Post by eadsja » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:43 pm

Ack, now I have to find the windows media player option every single time... How do we tell the computer that the AVS file CAN be opened by windows meadia player 9/10... or make the file association?

eadsja
Org Profile

Post by eadsja » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:59 am

Fixed, we can close this thread now... =)

This is an example of a chairkey error, where the problem lay between the chair and the keyboard

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:28 am

here is a good idea that might makes things a lot easier:

don't use vista

Pwolf

Return to “AviSynth Help”