Best Trailer

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:41 pm

Quote:

Quote:
Cloud is not black

Neither is rufius.

Just out of curiousity what does that have to do with anything?
What colour skin does morpheus have?

What colour skin does rufus have?

I think it has a lot to do with everything once you've commented that cloud is not black and thats not a good connection. Well morpheus' (lawrence fishbourne) voice is put with with a character who also does not match the skin colour connection. I find that rather funny you pointed cloud out when the same thing was blatantly obvious in your 2nd main character..

Oh and don't i know it - lip-syncing with CG footage is CERTAINLY hard. None of you did it perfectly but i don't think you should say "i did it better then purge" because well, thats really just your opinion and not a fact. Its hard to tell who synced better.
When I said the Blade Trinity one seemed to use more footage. It used way too much spoiler footage vs what I put together...
Thats pretty much irrelevant as well. He NEEDed to use spoilers otherwise the other footage wouldn't have worked. But its not really like a trailer to the series. Its a parody. Which is, the point. Despite that he had warnings in place to tell people it had spoilers. And its not like spoilers are bad... If it makes the video look better - then so be it.
(In regards to whomever said that this video is better because there are less Blade Trinity trailers out their vs Matrix Reloaded... ugh just dont start me on my rant about how you shouldnt overlook a video just because its been used before. I dont care if Matrix Reloaded's trailer was used 1000x before, if I find a video thats # 1001 with that audio and it makes good connections with its video and is edited nicely ITS GOOD.)
But on top of that a LOT of people loved advent blade. Just look at his average opinion ratings. I know i sent him an opinion but if you'll notice his Originality level is 10. Thats because you simply cannot deny its not 100% original. Originality is something important when creating videos.
If you're video isn't quite original then that is likely to bring down your mark. And fair enough too. If its been done before. The fact is. Its been Done before. Unfortunately, even if you do it better. The fact is still there.

I think we've spammed both videos enough unintentionally to make a little noise in VCA. if you believe you're video rocks so be it. Therefore you should be a little more confident about the VCAs.
I'll once again note strongly that I did think Advent Blade Trinity was a BAD creation in any way shape or form, just that it could have had some room for improvement that I pointed out when I put it side by side vs Advent Reloaded.
its already been improved thanks to that remastered version. The widescreen certainly looks more trailer like. Have Fun tho good luck to you both.
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

Quiet Cannon
Org Profile

Post by Quiet Cannon » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:28 pm

SephirothX wrote:
Quote:
Cloud is not black

Neither is rufius.
Just out of curiousity what does that have to do with anything?
Meaning that your casting wasn't perfect either. But these things happen when making a trailer and there is a voice that doesn't match with a character's appearance from your source. Sometimes you just have to improvise, and while I didn't think that the voices were a perfect match, they didn't seem too far out of place to be a distraction. By the way, wasn't Tifa cast as Trinity in your video?

You also mention spoilers, but what spoilers shown in Advent Blade Trinity went beyond what you showed in yours. Either way, I should point out that this is not a trailer for Advent Children. You can use whatever footage appropriate to match the audio source, although if you show something like the death of the main villain or something that is obviously from the end, then there might be a problem with that. Otherwise, just go with what works.

As for my opinion of Advent Blade Trinity, I thought it worked in making a good connection. Even though Sephiroth may not be a vampire and Cloud is not a vampire hunter, the trailer gives the illusion that this is the case.

Either way, I wouldn't want to debate too much on Advent Blade vs Advent Reloaded since I plan to vote for Ace Combat Zero Trailer 3 until the end (unless my video happens to make it to the finals, but I don't think it's popular enough to make it that far).
Final Doom "Amazing things will happen here soon."

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Substance "Everyone knows that it's a dangerous substance."

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:08 am

I said it before and I'll say it again... Advent Blade Trinity will get my vote for this... Perhaps you have a point, SephirothX, but I think it was a bit un-sporting to single out someone elses videos to peddle your own... Biased or not, I just find it more tolerable if someone else made those comparisons (ie. someone who didn't make either videos)... that's just my opinion I suppose, and I don't think you meant any wrong, and I hope you didnt.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:32 am

Advent Blade Trinity ftw and gets my vote, the last few seconds were awesome too, loved it XD

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:47 am

Oh and in terms of originality whenever I see the Matrix Reloaded trailer I automatically think back to the naruto one which was brilliant... didn't that win a VCA?

Sorry for double post I couldn't find an edit button...

Vancore
Org Profile

Post by Vancore » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:27 am

Not sure if its truly VCA material but if your interested in a good villian matchup for a trailerThe Real Keyser Soze has got your number.

Lot of good ones posted already, current fav's are the Advent Children Trinity trailer and Living in Sin.

Sephzilla
Org Profile

Post by Sephzilla » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:56 am

--Good luck to all of those still in the VCA Semi Finals and may the best vid win!-

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:50 pm

SephirothX wrote:--Good luck to all of those still in the VCA Semi Finals and may the best vid win!-
This coming from a guy who in the previous pages tore other people's videos down to try and make himself look superior. Ha!

Good luck to those who actually have a heart.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:15 pm

"best" is also probably not a good word for this contest... assuming that every one who votes actually downloads every video and watches them, they are still only voting for the video they like best... but knowing the truth, most people are going to disreguard any video they havn't seen and just vote for the ones they have or heard that were good, let alone vote for the ones wth their favorite anime in it.

so... let the most popular video win.

Pwolf

PS: goodluck... i wonder if ace combat works with naruto? >.>

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:20 pm

Would having cute bishoujo girls on linked sigs work as well? :oops:
ImageImage

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2006”