Best Trailer

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:10 am

Willen wrote:
Scintilla wrote:(... Does no one pay attention to my posts? :cry: :P )
Well, since people still use Divx/Xvid in Premiere... maybe not? :P

This trailer qualifies, right?
It's another "REAL" anime trailer so yea. :roll:
ImageImage

coritnator
Org Profile

Post by coritnator » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:04 pm

ok well heres the thing i put in the wrong date for 2 of my videos (i have just tried to change it though the bugs forum :oops: ) anyway i would like to put this into the running

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=98410

KaneDragon
Org Profile

Post by KaneDragon » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:20 pm

Makotomizuhara18 - Final Approach - Chibi Supremacy
This is a very good trailer. I just recently watched Final Approach, and I was greatly amused by the arrangement of scenes. Nominate it for a few other categories while you're at it.

And I checked--it really is on the nominations list. :roll:

Marlex
Org Profile

Post by Marlex » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:19 am

Newest Videos:
Various - The Anime Aristocrats Evangelion - Eva Brothers

Ruby-Eye
Org Profile

Post by Ruby-Eye » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:39 pm

"Unofficial" Fate/stay night Trailer by angelx03
This is a good example of an almost "real" trailer and it has RIDER in it!!!! :wink: :P

And DJ_Izumis Jurassic Eva
also a really good and funny trailer. :D

Sephzilla
Org Profile

Re: Best Trailer

Post by Sephzilla » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:07 pm

Michele wrote:
Prodigi wrote:
Title - Advent Reloaded
Creator - SephirothX
Audio - Matrix Reloaded Theatrical Trailer
Footage - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
x2
x3 (cuz its my friggin trailer :P )

Plus [trying to stay as unbiased as i can] I honestly didnt think the Advent Children / Blade Trinity trailer worked.

#1- It used WAY too much footage (trailers are supposed to make you want to see the movie without giving away anything). And Advent Reloaded doesnt show nearly as much compared to the Blade Trinity trailer, the biggest spoiler I use is showing Sephiroth coming back (which for any FF7 fan, you knew Sephy would be back).

#2- The lipsyncing looked fake (specifically when the director uses the same clip but alternates forward and reverse) while the lipsyncing in Advent Children was un-altered footage that was just very properly placed.

#3- Cloud is not black

#4- The only real 'connecting' factor between Blade Trinity and Advent Children might be the whole "Sephiroth not needing to evolve" thing. Whilst Advent Reloaded makes a lot more visual connections along with basic plot connections; (Rufus falling / Trinity falling ... The Freeway chases ... Aeris/Trinity & Cloud/Neo 'They need you, I need you' ... The three sub-Sephiroths [Kadaj, Yazoo, Loz] confronting Cloud in the opening a la the 3 agents at the opening of Reloaded ... Zion / Midgar falling ... 'More then one of them' implying the 3 sub-Sephiroths)

Im not going to take anything away from the Advent Children Blade Trinity trailer it was a good entertaining piece of work and I know nomatter what logical stats I point out that shows that my Advent Reloaded trailer functions better between its Audio and Video sources, I'm going to be viewed upon as biased because I'm still sticking up for my video.

But I'm just going to try to make a case for why I think Advent Reloaded functions overall as a better trailer than the Advent Blade Trinity trailer.

Sephzilla
Org Profile

Post by Sephzilla » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:08 pm

--EDIT--

#2- The lipsyncing [in Advent Blade Trinity] looked fake (specifically when the director uses the same clip but alternates forward and reverse) while the lipsyncing in Advent Reloaded was un-altered footage that was just very properly placed.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: Best Trailer

Post by Ileia » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:10 am

SephirothX wrote:
#2- The lipsyncing looked fake (specifically when the director uses the same clip but alternates forward and reverse) while the lipsyncing in Advent Children was un-altered footage that was just very properly placed.
I, being an unbiased viewer who decided to download both upon reading this post, think that the lip-sync was just fine. I don't think that the method employed is of much importance, as long as it works. And from my standpoint as a viewer, it did.
#3- Cloud is not black
Yes. And one could counter that Neo is not blonde.
#4- The only real 'connecting' factor between Blade Trinity and Advent Children might be the whole "Sephiroth not needing to evolve" thing. Whilst Advent Reloaded makes a lot more visual connections along with basic plot connections; (Rufus falling / Trinity falling ... The Freeway chases ... Aeris/Trinity & Cloud/Neo 'They need you, I need you' ... The three sub-Sephiroths [Kadaj, Yazoo, Loz] confronting Cloud in the opening a la the 3 agents at the opening of Reloaded ... Zion / Midgar falling ... 'More then one of them' implying the 3 sub-Sephiroths)
Yes, you made a lot of connections that worked well, and that's hard to do. (However, it bothered me that both Rufus and Aeris were Trinity). I feel that it's quite okay for a person to mold their anime towards their purposes, as long as they pull it off. Which I think Purge did quite nicely.

In my eyes, the videos are almost a toss-up. Both had excellent lip-sync, internal sync (which I LOVE) and were well-made. Trailers are being made in the same sort of style these days, so these videos are pretty similar. But if it ever came down between them, I would be voting for Advent Blade Trinity.

1. I've not seen many Blade Trinity parodies. But every time I turn around, there's another Matrix, or Matrix: Reloaded parody staring me in the face.

2. Purge is a relatively new member. For this video to be released a month after he joined is most impressive and gets high marks in my book. I know I couldn't have done that a month in. :(
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:10 am

It used WAY too much footage
What the? How did yours use less footage then advent blade Seph?
Cloud is not black
Neither is rufius.
while the lipsyncing in Advent Children was un-altered footage that was just very properly placed.
unaltered maybe, but yours is slightly a lot more over-editted to believe its a tralier. E.G 0:21 seconds doesn't look exaclty "trailer" footage nor does 0:51.
but aside from that your lip-syncing is very good at first - but the last shot of kadaj at 0:37 is way out of time, and the first shot of rufius isn't exactly what i'd call perfect sync. not to mention 1:01- they're about the same in terms of sync.
Thats not really the point. Purge implied that kadaj and co were vampires and that Cloud was hunting them down. Which is no different to you imply kadaj and co are machine agents... they both aren't. And frankly in the abandoned church fight scene Loz looks like a Vampire!!! But you should NOT say there are barely any connections - because this is NOT the case with Advent Childern Blade Tinity trailer.

And i mean c'mon "I forgot my sword" priceless.

Your video was good very good but so is advent children blade trinity. but 50% of those comments were hypocritical and unecessary.

I think its rather harsh that you spam your own video while putting down another's even if you did it cleverly. Let people decide for themselves. Though i commend you for not flaming. It was a nicely done post. Not very agressive but not flawless.
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

Sephzilla
Org Profile

Post by Sephzilla » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:35 am

Like I said im just trying to stick up for my own creation.
Quote:
Cloud is not black

Neither is rufius.
Just out of curiousity what does that have to do with anything?

The footage clip at 0:21 is completely un-edited footage, its a straight clip from the movie..... And its reason to be used was to continue the shot of Rufus and Kadaj falling as did the Reloaded trailer with Trinity and the Agent.

And obviously all lipsyncing isnt going to be perfect (nor did I say mine was perfect) when your using lifelike non-anime footage. But I chose not to try and edit everything to perfectly match because since your using CG footage thats meant to resemble live-action, attempting to do so looks rather tacky nomatter now much you implement (using footage that just goes back and forth between 5 frames looks tacky and fake, im sorry. It works with anime and nothing else).

When I said the Blade Trinity one seemed to use more footage. It used way too much spoiler footage vs what I put together...

And ok... in the opening of Matrix Reloaded the Agents are searching for Neo correct? And in the opening to Advent Children Kadaj and his goonies are looking for Cloud correct? Like I said, I just thought that the movie Matrix Reloaded had more resembling connections to Advent Children than Blade Trinity. Just I personally, (along with a couple others) just didnt think that Blade Trinity fit with Advent Children.

(In regards to whomever said that this video is better because there are less Blade Trinity trailers out their vs Matrix Reloaded... ugh just dont start me on my rant about how you shouldnt overlook a video just because its been used before. I dont care if Matrix Reloaded's trailer was used 1000x before, if I find a video thats # 1001 with that audio and it makes good connections with its video and is edited nicely ITS GOOD.)

And I thank you bluetrain for putting up a logical and thought out response to this. I know my arguement for Advent Reloaded was flawed, and I tried to stay as unbiased as I could despite me standing up for my own creation. I'll once again note strongly that I did think Advent Blade Trinity was a BAD creation in any way shape or form, just that it could have had some room for improvement that I pointed out when I put it side by side vs Advent Reloaded.

Granted, in the long run this short debate will be null in void anyway considering neither of these trailers, Advent Reloaded and Advent Blade Trinity will probably make any sort of noice in the VCAs because they'll get unjustly hated on because of their Advent Children video sources despite how nicely put together these two pieces of work are.[/quote]

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2006”