Best Multi-Editor Project

spk1983
Org Profile

Post by spk1983 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:48 am

I'll say AMV Hell 3 would definitely be a forerunner...

It would be a little funny though if AMV Hell 0 makes the finals as well though, in spite of all the pr0n in it, some parts actually was more funny than AMV Hell 3 imo...

Vicious Knives
Org Profile

Post by Vicious Knives » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:43 am

I could be wrong, but the only videos I think are really in the running for best 2005 MEP at this point are AMV Hell 3, Animasia and Reflections of Style 2.

AMV Hell 3 is certainly funny, but it's not consistently funny. There are plenty of segments in it that are clunkers. Also, I found the logos annoying. Most of them were way too big and/or too far from the corner of the screen. It was like having someone yelling "THIS SEGMENT WAS MADE BY [insert editor's name here]" over and over again while I was trying to just sit back and enjoy the video. Janzki and bad martial arts were the only two editors I can think of who had logos that were both small and positioned close to the corner of the screen. Anyway, I didn't even see that those logos were necessary. The closing credits gave credit where credit was due. That should have been enough. (Great closing credits sequence, by the way. I loved the song and really enjoyed the re-editing of Shonen Bushido.)

Animasia was a nice diversion and a welcome change from the norm, but I think I might have set my expectations for it a little too high. It was good, but I would have expected such a long development time to yield something considerably more impressive (no offense). Part one was bogged down by the FLCL segment. I did understand what was being done with that segment and I appreciated it, but even so... way too long. If the other clips had been similar lengths, it would have been fine. But as it is, the FLCL segment is so much longer than the others that it creates an imbalance. I loved the Fruits Basket segment, though. Very sad.

I enjoyed the second part of Animasia more than the first part. It had a better flow and balance to it. Requiem for a Nightmare is what I would consider the standout hit of part two, but part two was filled with very good segments. My only real problem with it was that there were two Evangelion segments in a row - probably not a good idea. The first Evangelion segment probably should have been placed either in part one or at the beginning of part two.

The monologues in both parts were a very nice touch. I found them creative and clever.

At this point, Reflections of Style 2 is my favorite AMV of 2005. It was superbly edited all the way through, and each segment segued so well into the next one that the video had a kind of flow I haven't seen in any other MEP. Also, I thought the song selections were fantastic. My favorite song in the lineup was Cherish The Day by Plummet.

I'm almost certain that AMV Hell 3 will be the winner, but I'll be rooting for Reflections of Style 2.

My apologies for my longness of wind in this post.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:16 pm

Vicious Knives wrote:I could be wrong, but the only videos I think are really in the running for best 2005 MEP at this point are AMV Hell 3, Animasia and Reflections of Style 2.
Man, no love for VG3...

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:42 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Vicious Knives wrote:I could be wrong, but the only videos I think are really in the running for best 2005 MEP at this point are AMV Hell 3, Animasia and Reflections of Style 2.
Man, no love for VG3...
WHAAAAAT???
Oh man, how can this be possible!? :°O
AMV Hell 3 is truly a wonderful creation, surely one of the best I saw this year.
But the VG3 is truly something moving. :P
In my opinion, these two MEP will be the ones that will have the hardest fight. I still don't know which one could have my vote.
ImageImage

Vicious Knives
Org Profile

Post by Vicious Knives » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:21 pm

Actually, I have plenty of love for VG3. I thought it was a lot of fun. I just don't think it's a contender.

See, the quality of an ending can sometimes mean the difference between "yay" and "meh". For instance, I don't like Hellsing or Witch Hunter Robin - not because they're not good series overall, but because they have terrible endings. Their endings left a bad taste in my mouth, and so did VG3's ending. If VG3 had ended at 1:19:29, everything would have been okay. It would have had a nice, respectable ending like the previous two had. But then came the Mario rap. Why oh why did you include the Mario rap? I can't tell you how painful that was to watch.

I still like VG3 despite its ending, but I really do think the ending dealt a blow to its contention.

This is a minor point, but since the file size is bigger than 703 MB, I can't burn it onto CDs and share it with friends. I really need to get a DVD burner. It probably won't be too much longer until we'll have AMVs on the org surpassing 1 GB.
Time makes all things possible. I can wait.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:25 pm

Oooo, you're dissin' the Mario rap! :shock:
ImageImage

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:27 pm

Vicious Knives wrote:But then came the Mario rap. Why oh why did you include the Mario rap? I can't tell you how painful that was to watch.
I thought that was the best part of the project :D Seldom that I laughed so hard

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:38 pm

I wonder how the VCAs would turn out if I was eligible to upload the mario rap as a seperate video. :shock: :P
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:24 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I wonder how the VCAs would turn out if I was eligible to upload the mario rap as a seperate video. :shock: :P
There needs to be a seuqel in the vein of the CRONIC-WHAT?-CLES of NARNIA.

Rap it Castor 8-)

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:52 pm

JCD wrote:
Vicious Knives wrote:But then came the Mario rap. Why oh why did you include the Mario rap? I can't tell you how painful that was to watch.
I thought that was the best part of the project :D Seldom that I laughed so hard
It was the funnest part to make also... :up:

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2006”