Videos using X

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Videos using X

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:08 pm

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that primarily use X as a source.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.
Last edited by Tsunami Jones on Sat May 20, 2006 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

rasta773
Org Profile

Post by rasta773 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:18 pm

this is the best X amv i have seen, the music is an excellent match for the scenes shown and the sync and effects are really well done as well, i watch this amv at least once a week i love it so much

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:45 pm

I loved this one by yoshimetsuX. The way he uses color to accentuate the whole feel of the video is amazing.

You get the series, OVA, the movie and a bit of Tokyo Babylon to boot in this.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:52 pm

Being as it's one of my favorite anime, I definitely have some great videos to recommend.

(uses the movie) Okay, this video is demented. The song alone should have been an indication of this. That said, it will make you giggle in all the right (more like weird) ways.

(uses the OVA [aka: Episode 0]) If you want to pique someone's interest in an anime, you show them a trailer, right? Well, if you want to pique someone's interest in X, you show them this. Since it only uses the "overview" episode of X, it also serves as a great overview of it's story, animation, and general mood.

(uses the TV series) This video takes a darker look at X, and focuses less on the action and more on the mood. It is (more or less) an effect video, and very well done at that.

(uses the TV series and Tokyo Babylon) This is quite possibly my favorite X video ever - particularly as I am a huge Seishirou/Subaru fan. That said, know that this is yaoi-oriented. Still, it's more angst than anything, so even if m/m makes you squeamish, you should still check this one out. The song is uncannily perfect for the pair, and the editors capture it equally well. Just watch this. Seriously.

(uses the TV series and Tokyo Babylon) Mainly, this is just a great Subaru profile. It obviously shows his relationship with Seishirou and Hokuto, but it focuses on him as a person. If you know the song, you can understand even better why this is true.

(uses the OVA and the movie) Honestly, I'm not sure how to describe this. It's part trailer, part effect video, part action, part serious. It's a typical spin on X - with a twist. I'm sure you'll see that twist about halfway through. Anyway, this is a great video with a very good techno piece to match.

(uses the TV series) If you know the song, then you know that you should be expecting a video of dynamic contrasts. This delivers just that. It has its fair share of action and drama, but it also touches on the character relationships outside of the main trio. The imagery is just beautiful, even though it isn't at its best quality. Watch this just for the impact, if nothing else.

(uses the TV series and the movie) Well, true to its description, this is an action-oriented trailer for X. It's very well edited, and within a few brief phrases, it basically sums up the anime's main premise. If you haven't seen X, this is the place to start.

That ought to be it for X videos from me. I'm sure there are more out there that are worthy of this forum, but these are all the ones I've seen.

- Jen
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:53 pm

"Destiny's Requiem" by AngryManAnime is by far one of the best X videos I've ever seen. Nice action sync along with some nice effects makes this video very entertaining.

AngryManAnime
Org Profile

Post by AngryManAnime » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:20 am

I'm flattered SuperFusion. :oops:

This is the first AMV using X footage that I saw. It still holds my attention everytime I see it.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:27 pm

This is undoubtedly one of the funniest things I've seen. I discovered it in January 2004 when browsing the creator's profile (due to the VCA nomination process for that year, which a different video was eligable for). The juxtaposition is really what makes this video what it is.

This was one of the first X videos (along with the original version of Lord Rae's video to "Where" that AngryManAnime linked to) I watched, back in the first half of 2003. It's also what turned me on to X-Japan. All-around highly recommended.

jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by jade_eyed_angel » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:10 pm

By KnX.
It is amazing on every level, you won't be dissapointed. :D

AtheistPreacher
Org Profile

Post by AtheistPreacher » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:50 pm

Another video examining the relationship between Subaru and Seishirou, using mostly footage of X with a smattering of Tokyo Babylon. It uses the song Always by Saliva.

This video really grew on me after a couple of views. Overall a very worthy effort, more than worth a look.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:12 pm

Return to “Recommended AMVs”