Videos using Metal music

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Videos using Metal music

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:48 pm

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that use Metal music.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:57 pm

Basically, it's everything a good video should be. It's extremely well timed, and conceptually very solid. The solo has a *somewhat* awkward start, but you get over that pretty quickly. It's damn good stuff.

Makes the manga animate. Not exactly a "new" idea for Berserk, but it's done in a way that hasn't really been seen so many times. The animation is sometimes quite subtle, but it's still rather impressive. The editing is very in tune with the music as well, even though I'm not a big death metal fan. And by "not big" I mean I don't like it at all. Don't hate it as much as I used to, though.

Somewhat effects heavy, but it never feels like a soulless barrage of them. It all feels just right. The song is one of those that's among the [short] list of "death metal I can manage to listen to". It's a rather well conceptualized and executed piece, and more than deserves to be recommended.

Flint... you're an ass, dude :P
Last edited by Tono_Fyr on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:13 am, edited 6 times in total.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:38 pm

A few video quality issues aside, this video merits mention due to excellent lyrical synch (with only a few blips), and the way it manages to relate much of the story of EVA from the perspective of Gendo as Satan.

That, and it's a lot of fun.

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:10 am

Tono_Fyr wrote:Wee, finally. I wonder how long it'll take Kai to come in and take over this topic....
Come in, 7 hours. Take over, who knows.

ontopic:
The recs list (thanks, Tono) will speak for itself, so I'll use my post in this topic to point out outstanding vids that for one reason or another did NOT make the list, or did and might get overlooked, which people would not find otherwise. These may rotate as they go onto the Bubble List.

Recs list last updated: 2 December 2005; third pass is underway, and then I'll probably have to immediately do another pass to take care of the stuff since I went through A-F back in the first week of October.

Videos:

I kept waiting for this video to lock up with noobishness, but it retained an extremely high level of musical and conceptual synch all the way through. The ending is a little inconsistent, which is why it didn't get a 5, but it still got the rec and is damn good.

Guardian4 is, hands down, the best metal AMVer that nobody has ever heard of. Her work is always top-notch, and it gives me a great lift when I see her UID in the list on some artist, because I know in advance that at least one of the videos I'm about to watch isn't going to suck. It's like seeing rubyeye or Warheart's name come up. This is an amazing, kickass video that is held back from a 5 and a rec solely by 2 cuts including Japanese credits at the end of the video; they're almost consistent in the sense of finality, and there was little way to remove them (the video's obviously from DVD), but they still break up the picture. I can't rec it in good conscience, but I can't omit posting it here either.

--K
Last edited by Kai Stromler on Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:35 pm

I don't think anyone has recommended these...

One of the first Kamelot videos I saw, but it's stuck with me. It's old-school, so don't expect anything too fancy, but it's lyrically sound and the editing is solid.

***Note:Tono_Fyr does not think this is metal.

Yeah, I'll consider Marilyn Manson metal. Even if you don't like the guy, even if you hate him, this video is worth a look. But you'll need to keep an open mind. It's 25 minutes, but it doesn't feel nearly that long. It's one of the most amazing videos I've seen conceptually, and has some astounding editing that remains consistent through the entire duration. Worth the download.

Also one of the first music videos I'd ever seen, and really helped get me into editing in the first place. Thematically strong, full of action and solid editing with nothing fancy, and carries a bit of emotion with it. Overall an amazing video that I think stands the test of time.

The only Nightwish video that has ever really satisfied me. A must-get for Evangelion fans and Nightwish fans. One of the most effective emotional Eva videos I've ever seen, with a great sense of flow and drama but enough action to keep you watching. Another video that has stood the test of time, and continues to stand.

***Note: Tono_Fyr does not think this is metal.

In my opinion, Fluxy's best video. It bears a unique editing style, and was the first good instrumental video I'd ever seen. This was the first video to evoke any strong emotion in me, and it continues to do so. The imagery is beautiful and a great accompaniment to the sound of the mourning cello, while the heavier, more distorted cello brings on the action. Great video; everyone should watch.

***Note: Tono_Fyr does not think this is metal.

This video has been recommended often enough in other places that I don't need to explain it. Just watch.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:27 am

Well its one of the older AMVs here... It was on a few Contests in the year 2002.
We have to say, that we don´t really like the whole song, but the chorus :wink:
There are not really effects, but nice synch, with the music. It is not so fast as other Action-AMVs, but it has the little something that makes you watch this AMV again and again. It might not be the best metall AMV, but something you should remeber.
A must for Nightwish fans!!!

Dark-Krystal
Org Profile

Post by Dark-Krystal » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:29 am

The best video on Berserk here with an emotional/metal song

Amazing metal video, with an impressive Synchro and Atmosphere, which is perfect with the song.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:00 am

---

A nice metal amv edited by the master of dance videos. Quite interesting editing since he's not really used to the music but still gave his best. So I can only recommend it it's a quite unique experience in cases of metal.
Last edited by Warheart on Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:14 am

I gotta pimp this one, because few metal vids have impressed me as much as this one. It's about as visceral as they come.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”