Action Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Action Videos

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:11 am

This thread is for recommending the very best action amvs. These are often high-adrenaline videos featuring conflicts and/or dangerous and exciting events such as combat, chases and so on.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

LenWidleheyt
Org Profile

Post by LenWidleheyt » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:32 am

This is a somewhat different, but very good "action" video. Definitely the best vid I've seen using Excel Saga. Excel Saga is difficult to use, because of its random, crazy nature. This shows in this vid as well, because the clip selection might seem random at times, but here, it actually works! It's very fast and upbeat, the clips are cleverly used and the quality's great. It has a kind of mindless craziness to it that makes me feel like Excel Saga was made just to make this video possible.

Great idea to create this forum, by the way!
/ Len Anarchimedes Widleheyt
:arrow: <i>"Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?"</i>

odian0
Org Profile

Post by odian0 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:10 pm

the timing and effects used in this video are amazing. it's easily the top action video in my mind. the scene use to convery the lyrics and story are dead on. give it a watch!

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:17 pm

All of the Epileptic Seizure Studio videos are good, but this one takes the cake. Combining intricate and impecable timing with moody visuals, this is a video you can watch time and time again, a true classic. One of the crowning achivements of the straight action genre, this is a must watch video.

Sergeant_Sagara
Org Profile

Post by Sergeant_Sagara » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:05 pm

There is a lot of fighting, and just tons of fighting scenes from Naruto. It's a fast moving song, but it's short (1:19). I think it's pretty good, and it goes along with the song extremely well.

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:53 am

The fades are perfection. It starts out slow with a spooky atmosphere, but somewhere on the 2 minute mark is where the action begins. The syncing is really brilliant and simple. Song changes pretty often and thus it never gets old. Gotta love Radiohead. :)
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

LightningCountX
Org Profile

Post by LightningCountX » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:03 am

Why I Like This Video
===============
The video has an array of effects, flashes, and good timing with a song that couldn't sync any better with the footage. Hard work, and dedication is clearly shown in this amv, along with some really good Blind Guardian Beats :P

Why I Like This Video
===============
Paulo is one of my favorite GMV creators on the org. He used multiple PS2 games in this video with very good syncing and effects to the Gone In 60 Seconds theme OST. Although under appreciated by some this is my favorite GMV video so far.

Why I Like This Video
===============
This was another one of my favorite GMV's with a good mood set to Front 242. The video contains Breath Of Fire 5 Devil May Cry 1,2, Final Fantasy 10, and Legend of Dragoon which most arent used often in GMV's. This used to be my favorite GMV until being replaced by "Wanna Play With Me?"

gundamzuki
Org Profile

Post by gundamzuki » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:10 am

A solid rock song well meshed and timed with Gundam footage, this video easilly hits my most watched list.
"There is the Real World, and it is nice. And then there's math." -Prof. Bevelaqua, U. of N. Dakota, Grand Forks

demonhiei
Org Profile

Post by demonhiei » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:27 pm

the best advent children video with a great song

a awesome ikkitousen video with no boring parts and a lot of action

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:20 am

Well this is my home ... the action video thread :D.

Typical Dethmajor video, this is some serious mayhem. Berserk + Testament. It's my all time favorite.

A nice compilation of In Flames' Colony album (just 6 Tracks in the first part) combined with some great anime like Wolfs Rain, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust or Berserk. Altough it's not a linear edited action video it creates some serious adrenaline, not just because of the awsome music.

Blind Guaridan + Escaflowne. This video convinced me cause the action / editing sync is really dead on only a few videos possess such great editing of guitar solos, and it's really rare that a creator keeps this high level over such a long duration of the song.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”