Dance/Upbeat Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Dance/Upbeat Videos

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:02 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that are fun and upbeat - perhaps about dancing or good times. Sometimes funny but not necessarily comedy.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:40 am

Ok, let me give this a shot. :D

Believe it or not, these three anime series surprisingly mix well together in this rather simplistic yet very upbeat dance. The only effects bma used are white flashes and piano keys, but what makes this really amazing is how each straight cut that's been actually made fits the beat of the music almost perfectly.

This video is AMAZINGLY simplistic. All this creator used is straight cuts to match the beats and the tempo of the music. With that in mind, the flow of the video and the music are very well synced.

EDIT 3/28/05: YAY! Vicbond finally uploaded his Tokyo Mew Mew video which was part of DDR Project 4. Very fitting video and very fun. :D

EDIT 9/19/05: It's hot, it's flashy! It's JCD's new Kaleido Star video which puts to shame on almost every dance video that was ever made this year (until some Japanese MAD creator comes :roll: ).
Last edited by angelx03 on Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:40 am

Severely popular; has to be near the top of this list.

This is still my reference for creating visual flow from scene-to-scene and my recommendation for all budding AMV creators. Even non-creators will appreciate the kinetic feel of this video.

You're not likely to find a more solidly edited dance video than this one. And the always-incredible footage from "Shamanic Princess" only adds to the experience.

Best Dance Video at Anime Weekend Atlanta 7 (2001).

Last edited by TaranT on Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

m.t.i.d.s
Org Profile

Post by m.t.i.d.s » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:44 am

I am definitely going to have to say Stop The Rock by Nappy.

Just love this video, especially the great use of super imposing and let's not forget Guts at the start.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:40 am

Last edited by Knowname on Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shalist
Org Profile

Post by Shalist » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:35 pm

Basically lots of fast, colorful effects, with a fast, colorful, soundtrack. Pretty good vid, worth watching whether you're looking for something perky, or not.

Songbird21
Org Profile

Post by Songbird21 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:24 pm

I am amazed this video isn't on here already. It is one of my faves and one of the rare vids I have given a 5. The FX are amazing, but not overused. It really makes you wanna dance. A fabulous techno beat behind lots of visually beautiful anime. Watch it. You won't be dissapointed.
Best editing Connecticon 2013: Bravery

Switchplate City- Custom lightswitch covers (Some anime related) and more!

"Bloodline of Atlantis: The Triple Psi" - My fantasy novel (Only $1.99 It's an Ebook).

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:25 am

Best Dance Video ever? I would say Do it Right - Shake it by AD ! But I'm pretty sure everyone here knows about this vid :p....

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:55 pm

Nostromo_vx's Abenobashi - Push The Tempo is a great upbeat/dance video. The song and the editing fit the craziness of the series perfectly. Thanks to Lone Wolf for showing me this one.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

psycoculex
Org Profile

Post by psycoculex » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:26 am

You have to love those DDR amv projects. This was the first one i saw and probably my favourite. Its short but sweet. And i love how in the amv they made Gendo Ikari(evangelion) dance.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”