Special Effects Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Special Effects Videos

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:32 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that either CONTAIN the best Special Effects or USE Special Effects in the BEST WAY.

Examples of special effects include masking, rotoscoping, colour manipulations, 2D and 3D original animation, image distorting, warping, morphing, transitions and so on.

Dissolves, fades and fast cuts are not special effects.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

Swordfish23
Org Profile

Post by Swordfish23 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:06 am

This is the best video ive ever seen, currently number 1 one the list of best videos. It has the best Special Effects ive ever seen in any video and Koop did a wonderful Job. If you wanna see some spectacular special effects check this one out.
"The suffering of one is nothing when compared to the suffering of all." -Hero

gundamzuki
Org Profile

Post by gundamzuki » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:53 am

Because it belongs in here. Period.
More precisely, the seamless integration of Bebop and Trigun is beautifull. The first AMV I ever saw, and still one of my favorites.

And Euphoria was good, I'll readilly admit that. Well deserving a mention, but the effects were overdone for my tastes.
"There is the Real World, and it is nice. And then there's math." -Prof. Bevelaqua, U. of N. Dakota, Grand Forks

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:53 pm

Best use of visual effects period. One of the few videos where the effects, though many of them, all serve to aid in presenting the story and mood of the video, and done very very well at that. This video is chock full of the kind of effects I like to see in a video, ones that are dificult to even notice unless you know the original anime, but is used to accentuate or totally change a scene for the purpose of the video. This is excellent showcase of how AE should be used to make a video.

Not only that, but the video follows a strong story, and one totally different from that of the original anime to boot. Its an alternate story arc made up completely for the video.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:57 pm

Why I think it's awesome:
Because the effects are just insanely good, and really show of what can be done with after effects. They serve to add to the feel of the video. While some will say "oh, that's mostly just for the "Shiny" effect" it also serves to add to the chaos, not simply to the jaw drop.

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:58 am

The awesomeness of this video is that it's very flashy yet the flashes are purposeful, they show the...ooh, wait, I almost spoiled the video for you. Great use of effects (and voiceovers) to recast an anime in a new light and storyline.
Life's short.
eBayhard.

basketkase345
Org Profile

Post by basketkase345 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:28 am

My girlfriend is absolutely hooked on this video. Its really good and has great effects and transitions.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:47 am

Hard to say why I like it. The fast pace, the cool song, the great scene selection, the blatant layer abuse (as AD calls it), and all the cool effects. Hard to describe it any better than that.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

RKrenz
Org Profile

Post by RKrenz » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:44 pm

Once again..

The special effects used in this one makes it really great. In my eyes, the "secret" ending is the best.
What the hell is the logic in that someone can have two 40 pixel high images in their sig, but I can't have one 66 pixel high sig? It's NOT taking your bandwidth, and it IS under your "line" limitation. God.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:25 am

The video that most blows my mind because of the shear magnitude of putting it all together, carefully cutting out all the models, pasteing it all in even making the various zooms and backgrounds and mock set is easily Sierra Lorna's Elvis vs. Anime.
However, if your not interested in intricuit design I really don't think you'd be interested.

A video that's just BRIMMING with digital effects (though as a creator their only a $300 program away) is Fluxmeister's Endure video, also of note is Piano's Secret Waltze mad, it's got alotta effects even for a mad!! Both videos should be very entertaining though the mad is heavy on the hd.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”