Special Effects Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:41 am

I highly recommend:

Though I've put it in special FX's thread, this video is awesome in a lot of way ...

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:42 pm

In case of Special Effects, I want to recommend This Video. It is full of pure eye candy and pure Fun to watch. The Effects work amazingly well with the Video and look smexy (not cheesy like lots of effectfull videos look) O:

justyousee
Org Profile

Beyond

Post by justyousee » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:57 pm

This is the best special effect vid I've ever seen. It's also a bit sentimental and romantic.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:10 pm

I know what you're thinking, 'A good Pokemon vid? Ha! Don't make me laugh!' But this vid is well worth it. It uses the best Pokemon movie (imo), with some awesome effects. If you could only choose one good video for every anime, this would be Pokemon's.

This is the latest video, at the time of writing, of the same editor that made the Pokemon AMV above. I have never seen this series, but was still able to throroughly enjoy the vid. The effect add to the video a lot, and are done very smoothly; Not a single effect seems out of place. It's just beautiful all around.

The first great Digimon Savers AMV! If you have never seen Digimon Savers yet, watch this; There is a good chance you will want to see more. Amazing editing and effects, great character overview. And it's subbed by the people who subbed Digimon Savers! Worth every minute of downloading.

(The SONG is subbed; it's not a crappy video using subbed footage ;p )

Yeah, an AMV that uses the opening or ending theme to whatever anime is used is generally looked down apon, as it's onoriginal, but this is one that is definately worth a look. The effects are intense! You have to watch it a few times just to take it all in. And there is even a version with subtitles, if you want it!

Digimon needs more great AMVs like this. This kinda video shows off just how awesome DigiFro really is, weather it's different from the other seasons or not. The whole video flows so well, that you can appreciate it weather you like Frontier (Or Digimon) or not. An all around fun, action character profile!

Ok, yeah, there are Toonami logos, but that's the price you have to pay to see a GOOD Beyblade AMV. I can watch this over and over without getting bored, because I can always notice something new!

The second AMV with heavy effects I ever saw. Made me stare at WMM for a good while and ask it 'Why can't you do this?!'. It has a LOT if different anime, but never comes off as to random.

It's hard finding a good Sonic the Hedgehog AMV as well. What do you sacrifice thsi time? Well, it's a Linkin Park song. Don't let that scare you away though, as this video is quite awesome. It mainly uses footage from the Movie, but it has a bit of game footage as well.

This video is what got me back into One Piece. The movie is awesome in itself, and this AMV gives it a great overview. The song was remixed a bit to give it more oomph, and if it didn't say that in the discription, I'd never know! This is my absolute favorite video! So of course it is at the bottom of the list ^^;

wendy-oba-chan
Org Profile

Post by wendy-oba-chan » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:03 am

this is one of my favorite vids with effect
not much to tell, just watch it.
"i will protect my friends with my life"

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:53 am

Great use of grungy textures`n`stuff, perfect quality as well :O Must see!

BurningLeaves
Org Profile

Post by BurningLeaves » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:10 pm

Theres not enough words to describe how amazing I think this vid is

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:17 pm

:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

DayWalker B.
Org Profile

Post by DayWalker B. » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:05 pm

Other than the videos that were mentioned already I would suggest this one:

This video has some amazing effects and though there are many fx, none of them are cheesy or anything. Kisanzi is known for his effects, that one is his latest AMV. Very impressive eye candy but a lot more than that too. :D

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:52 pm

What most people would only attempt with anime, this video does with the impressive realism of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. It has masking, layers, and above all, a great story and sense of flow that you can follow without feeling like the effects are stealing the show. It's gorgeous. It's addictive. It's a must-see.

- Jen

Return to “Recommended AMVs”