Videos Using Yu Yu Hakusho

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Videos Using Yu Yu Hakusho

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:07 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that primarliy use the show Yu Yu Hakusho.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:08 pm

This video stands out as the only (to date) YYH crossover video. It takes the characters and puts them into an entirely foreign setting, with a storyline that plays like an actual episode in the anime. The editing alone marks it as a very complicated video, but it's also enjoyable to watch. It's one of those 'must see' videos for any fan of this anime.

This is a parody video that makes an absolute mockery of Kurama, in the theme of those numerous Herbal Essence commercials. It's a "so wrong it's great" video.

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:22 pm

This video is a lot of fun to watch. Every scene and movement is timed up very nicely to each beat - fast, funny, and a lot of action. The main reason why I enjoyed this video so much is because it's very dynamic, and as stated in the video description, it has a "light-hearted, energetic mood".

My favorite YYH vid from Arigatomina - moody, angsty, shonen-ai fluff (the best kind).

What I really love about this video is the way it relates to the lyrics of the song. Usually I see Disturbed used for random action videos, but this one has a bit of meaning to it - Hiei's point of view on his relationship with Yukina. Everything (from action to lyrics) is synchronized very well, and it's overall look is (as stated in the description) "angsty but cool".

This is simply an entertaining video. The timing is excellent and fairly fast-paced. There's also a nice lyric sync that goes along with the action sync. The only footage used was from the 2nd movie, "Poltergeist Report".

A super-fun Yusuke vid. The combo is just too appropriate :P

Old school, but still amusing. Very fun to watch, since there's a little bit of everyone in here.

Something about this video just makes me smile - probably because it's full of random, spaztic fun. It's starts out a little rough, but really picks up with the upbeat chorus, and the sync/scene combinations are just too cute.

A fun (and slightly more Yusuke-centric) action video, using the first season.
Last edited by *inverse* on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kaiba57
Org Profile

Post by Kaiba57 » Mon May 02, 2005 8:51 pm

This is one of the best Yu Yu Hakusho vids I have seen dedicated to Yususke. The syncing is really great in this vid, as well as the story line. This vid is not just about action, it tells the story of the first half of the YYH series.

Mcuh like the first vid, this is also a Yusuke tribute. The difference is that, this vid takes the summaries of the first couple of episodes, a great indtroductory vid to the series.
My newest vid: [The Legend of Kyoto]

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Tue May 03, 2005 1:26 am

I think this video is what got me into Snot, and was ultimately the first inspiration for my Dead Leaves and Snot video. This is a great action video, it never lets up. Very entertaining and it gets you pumped up! There's a field order problem with it, but it doesn't really effect the video. The concept and execution is too great that the problem would detract from it. It doesn't appear to be online, which is a shame.
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

rockgirl14
Org Profile

YYH vids!

Post by rockgirl14 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:09 pm

Ok, here are my recomendations:

Reason I love it: This is the very first AMV I ever downloaded and it is still my favorite. It reflects on Hiei's relationship with Yukina and she is his reason to change. You gotta watch it!
telle's imouto-chan (a.k.a. rockgirl14)

lisamatt
Org Profile

Post by lisamatt » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:13 pm

yusuke a demon??!! made by a good friend, one of my favorite yu yu vids.

VGirltheFirst
Org Profile

Post by VGirltheFirst » Fri May 26, 2006 8:34 pm

This AMV is called Spicy Tantei and is created by Arigatomina. It's a humor AMV to the song "Wannabe" by Spice Girls, and while I realize that they are not as popular as they used to be, the lip sync is great and the hiliarious scenes go along nicely with the song.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:17 pm

Beast Spear
Org Profile

Post by Beast Spear » Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:53 am

I cannot believe this one isn't here.

I saw this the other day and thought it was probably the best video I have ever seen that represents YYH.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”