IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
Goketsu
Org Profile

Post by Goketsu » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:49 pm

Kevmaster wrote:
Goketsu wrote:
Mchy wrote:There really needs to be a Death Note Thread. Death Note Roxorz.
hmm I could name like 6 or 7 right off the top of my head to recommend lol
what I really want to see is a thread recommending Beck Mongolian Chop Squad Amvs because I could only find one good one that I liked and that wasn't part of an mep track and the amv is called Say It and it was made by Ileia
If there are barely any, then the recoomendation thread wouldnt make any sense?
hmm I guess I thought other people might have seen some and I missed them but you have a good point it wouldn't make sense

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:32 pm

you can rec those in the genre categories you know O:

Yoshikee
Org Profile

Post by Yoshikee » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:58 pm

A shakugan no shana AMV section would be pretty cool, hard to find good AMVs of that

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Re: IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:59 am

I would like to see "Artistic AMVs" thread.

It's true that it's hard to determine what "artistic" really means, but I would love to see some good pieces of this "genre", as I stumbled upon a few which could have been counted into it.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:37 am

I'm surprised there's no "Original AMVs" thread, I mean the .org activly encourages it's userbase to be as creative as possible, and originality is one of the key features to a good AMV, to the point where it's a measure of score in Opinion ratings.

Key examples of what I would define as "Original AMVs" are ones like ZS's "Daydream", Koop's "Twilight" and BL's "Lacrima", all videos where the editor has gone above and beyond to present to us a more original view on an already familiar source. Now, don't get this confused with any AMV that employs the use of masking and rotoscoping, it's more along the lines of "The editor has a story or concept they want to convey, and have gone out of their way to create original content that allows for the story to be told" While these kinds of videos may not be large in number, I have yet to stumble across one which I haven't enjoyed.

Of course the term "Original" can be further discussed, such as concept and execution, but I do think that this is an issue worth looking into.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Pas wrote:I'm surprised there's no "Original AMVs" thread, I mean the .org activly encourages it's userbase to be as creative as possible, and originality is one of the key features to a good AMV, to the point where it's a measure of score in Opinion ratings.

Key examples of what I would define as "Original AMVs" are ones like ZS's "Daydream", Koop's "Twilight" and BL's "Lacrima", all videos where the editor has gone above and beyond to present to us a more original view on an already familiar source. Now, don't get this confused with any AMV that employs the use of masking and rotoscoping, it's more along the lines of "The editor has a story or concept they want to convey, and have gone out of their way to create original content that allows for the story to be told" While these kinds of videos may not be large in number, I have yet to stumble across one which I haven't enjoyed.

Of course the term "Original" can be further discussed, such as concept and execution, but I do think that this is an issue worth looking into.
"Original" is too subjective.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:10 pm

I'd like to request if a mod could go through all of our beautiful threads and update the old [vidid=] tags to the new ones? If not I'd LOVE to do this :? (no... really! I have a boring job lol)

[MOD 403: Currently going through every thread. 1st and 3rd pages done.

Edit: 2/22/09 Done, and glad to be. There are 1600+ posts here, so it is possible that I may have missed a few. Use the mod drop box or report post if you find one that needs editing]

thankyou 403 <3
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:32 am

I demand a thread for "WTF AMVs". Not parodies, just "What the hell did I just watch?"

For some examples, TOHH's Triplicate, Malificus's This Is a Placeholder, almost anything from godix, etc ^^

datsaelx13
Org Profile

Post by datsaelx13 » Sat May 02, 2009 11:20 pm

hiiiii i want to put a new topic called Videos Using Great Teacher Onizuka and Videos Using Death note i was watching some good videos from this series :)

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Sat May 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:TOHH's Triplicate
:awesome:
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”