Looking for Cross-Dressing/Transformation Scenes...

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Looking for Cross-Dressing/Transformation Scenes...

Post by AngelDragoon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:54 pm

Greetings! I'm looking for anime/clips that contain cross-dressing characters, drag queens/kings, or the more unusual transformation scenes around. I'm thinking of things ranging from 'Ouran High School' to 'Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?', but the more dynamic looking the better. The characters featured can be male or female, though the less conventional the better. Thank you!

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Re: Looking for Cross-Dressing/Transformation Scenes...

Post by AngelDragoon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:31 pm

...I don't know how I missed anime-planet in my google hunting. :lol: Thanks for the recommendations, though! I'll keep those in mind!

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Looking for Cross-Dressing/Transformation Scenes...

Post by Kionon » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:56 am

Stop! Stop! Hibari-kun, although I am of the opinion that Hibari is actual transgender, which wouldn't be cross-dressing, obviously. There are those who disagree with me, but given the examples where Hibari makes it seriously clear she (and so I use the female pronoun) actually would like to get gender enhancement surgery, I think mistaking Hibari for an effeminate gay boy with really, really good genes is a mistake.

Likewise, Nitorin from Wandering Son is overtly a lesbian trans girl, and her best friend Yoshino experiments with gender. Which is actually the whole point of the entire manga/anime.

I believe Mari-Mite has some moments for one of the plays, if I recall correctly. There's also a boy from the next school over, and there is a STRONG implication that "he" is actually transgender as well. In the Utena movie, Utena is pretty overtly otoko-poi (boyish) and would be mistaken as a boy. There's the whole damn anime for forced feminisation (of sorts) for Himegoto and his not forced at all otouto (little brother)... Then there's Hideyoshi, who is trap God Tier.... I could go on, but here:

Too often in anime/manga, there's a lot of crossover and therefore confusion about who is an who isn't actually transgender, and that is in part due to the Eastern history of a much more fluid sense of gender expression and sexuality. While homosexuality in the west is generally not associated with an actual lived experience of differing gender (drag queens/kings are performers and most do not identify as transgender), in the east, homosexuality, such as it can be even called that, is generally associated an actual lived experience of differing gender (there is a long history in the east of what we would call transgender identities in the west). However, it is also in part due to ignorance of Japanese transgender lived experiences, which is one of the major reasons Shimura Takako wrote Wandering Son (she did the same thing with Aoi Hana, attempting to be far more realistic about the lived experiences of adolescent lesbians, a critique on the yuri subgenre).
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General AMV”