Fantasy/Adventure/Seafaring Anime?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Tyrfalger
Org Profile

Fantasy/Adventure/Seafaring Anime?

Post by Tyrfalger » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:15 am

Any recommendations? Recent movies and anime with only a few seasons is preferred and must have good video quality, like above 480p or so. Ideally has scenes in the ocean, boats and various landscapes. One Piece was my obvious choice but I can't go through hundreds of episodes searching for footage.

Ill start looking into Magi the labyrinth of magic to start.
Where words fail, music speaks.

Tyrfalger
Org Profile

Re: Fantasy/Adventure/Seafaring Anime?

Post by Tyrfalger » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:27 am

I forgot about it but Disney's Treasure Planet has most of the elements I was looking for. Unless I find something (japanese animated) different or better, I'll work with that. Seems to be no other good recent pirate-adventure themed anime aside from One Piece :/ And oddly Pikachus Ocean Adventure might work if I can get ahold of it.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel is more seinen than shonen but might work for another AMV I have. Ponyo's a bit too kid-friendly. Might look at the other ones though.
Where words fail, music speaks.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Fantasy/Adventure/Seafaring Anime?

Post by Kireblue » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:35 am

Tyrfalger wrote:I forgot about it but Disney's Treasure Planet has most of the elements I was looking for. Unless I find something (japanese animated) different or better, I'll work with that. Seems to be no other good recent pirate-adventure themed anime aside from One Piece :/ And oddly Pikachus Ocean Adventure might work if I can get ahold of it.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel is more seinen than shonen but might work for another AMV I have. Ponyo's a bit too kid-friendly. Might look at the other ones though.
Although "Galilei Donna" doesn't really have a lot of Ocean scenes, it does have space pirates. And the Main character has a flying machine that she built to resemble her pet goldfish
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=15497

"Bodacious Space Pirates" has a similar deal. Not really a lot of water, but lots of space pirating and traveling to different places
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=11399

Return to “General AMV”