Once Frequet User, Now Providing Numerous Suggestions

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
DTJB
Org Profile

Once Frequet User, Now Providing Numerous Suggestions

Post by DTJB » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:11 pm

Hey there, this is James.

First of all, I bet only a few people remember me here and even fewer know who I am to begin with. A long while ago, I used to be kinda active on this site. I was (and am) a big fan of AMVs and I even made some of my own vids; only one ever got put up here and the others were rarely seen because of the antiquated methods I used to make them.

Even with the small handful of AMVs I've made, I've always wanted to produce some more. But with life getting in the way and other creative interests taking over, that clearly hasn't happened. Regardless, I still come up with the occasional idea every now and then, and I would like to see these ideas turn into something.

So, I am providing my AMV ideas to anyone who is interested in making them. I've gone over a list I've made over the years and narrowed it down to what I think are still good candidates for what could be some well made videos. These are open to everybody and various people can make as many versions a they want, even if someone made it first; you can challenge each other to see who can do it better.

The only real requirements are that I get some sort of recognition for the concept (unless one of my ideas has actually been done once before, these will be marked) and I have to see the finished product once it's done.

I'll just add this, a guide to explain a few things:

“++” means I would like to provide at least some input on making this.
“@” means I've seen it done before, but I'm sure the idea needs revisiting.
“???” means I lied and I can't remember if this is a good idea or not, but here it is anyway.

Here we go:

Various Anime "Humans Being" Van Halen

@ ++Dragonball Z (Vegeta) "War Machine" KISS (I've seen someone do a Vegito AMV to this, so my idea is only somewhat original)

++ Kodocha "Rock the House" Gorillaz

++ Marmalade Boy (Ginta and Arimi) "Love the One You're With" Steven Stills

++ Cardcaptor Sakura (Sakura and Syaoran) "Everytime I Look at You" KISS (either the Revenge album version or the MTV Unplugged version will do fine, or both)

++ Gundam 08th M.S. Team "Believe" Elton John

@ Lupin III "Breakin' the Law" Judas Priest

++ Dragon Ball Z, Dragonball (Goku) "Brain Stew/Jaded" Green Day (DBZ footage for the first half, Dragonball footage for the second)

??? Cowboy Bebop "I Wanna Be a Cowboy" Boys Don't Cry

++ Gundam (Franchise) "Civil War" Guns and Roses

@ ++ Gundam Wing "No Leaf Clover" Metallica

Various Villians "Psycho Man" Ozzy Osbourne

??? Rurouni Kenshin (Kenshin and Kaoru) "Take Me Away (Together As One) KISS (Paul Stanley)

Gundam X (Garrod & Tifa) "Is This Love" Whitesnake

@ Golden Boy "Here I Go Again" Whitesnake

++ Fooly Cooly "Welcome to Paradise" Green Day

??? Obsessive Girlfriends "I Will Follow Him" Peggy March

++ Dragonball, Dragonball Z (Krilin) "I Wish" Skee-Lo

??? Tenchi Forever "Silent Lucidity" Queensryche

@ ++ Digimon "My Band" D12

??? Various Female Characters "Simply Irresistible" Robert Palmer

Big O "99 Luftballons (Original)" Nena

Romantic Couples "Hysteria" Def Leppard

??? Cardcaptor Sakura "The Unforgetable Fire" U2

++ Magic Knight Rayearth (Hikaru/Season 2) "Listen to Your Heart" Roxette

??? Bevis and Butthead "Young, Dumb and Ugly" "Weird Al" Yankovic

Blue Gender "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" Metallica

Ranma 1/2 (Ryoga) "25 Miles" Edwin Starr

Eureka 7 "Goodbye My Lover" James Blunt and “High Enough" Damn Yankees

??? Original Dirty Pair: Miami Vice Theme

??? IGPX: "Ready to Go" Republica

@ The Tick: "Spoonman" Soundgarden

Various Fun/Upbeat Anime: "Grazin' in the Grass" The Monitors

++ Friday the 13th, Various Horror Movies: "Mommy Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight?" Misfits

@ Ninja Scroll "(I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight" Cutting Crew

??? Various Anime: "Spooky" Classics IV

??? Various Female Characters "Man Smart, Women Smarter" (Various artist have done this song, I'm more familiar with the live versions from The Grateful Dead)

70's Anime (Original Gundam, Rose of Versailles, Aim For the Ace!, Lupin III, Galaxy Express 999, etc) : "A Fifth of Beethoven" Walter Murphy

Fist of the North Star: "Crying Like a Bitch" Godsmack

??? Figure 17: "Forever Love (Single Version)" X Japan

??? Urusei Yatsura “Parasite” KISS

Vision of Escaflowne: "Dreams" Van Halen

++ Madoka Magica (Homura): "Call of Kthulu" Metallica (If anyone wants to wait until the Concept Movie comes out before making this one, that's not a problem)

Please be sure to contact me if you would like to use one of these ideas. Have fun and I look forward to the results.

DTJB
Org Profile

Re: Once Frequet User, Now Providing Numerous Suggestions

Post by DTJB » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Adding one to the list.

Recently finished watching Haibane Renmei a little while ago and the song "In The House Of Stone And Light" by Martin Page came to mind a few times. Gave it a listen after not hearing it for so long and I think they could work well together, would be very effective for both Rakka and Reki.

Might be tough forcing a few of the lyrics to work with the visuals, but I don't think there would be too much of a problem. Besides, I've been hoping to see a good AMV used for this song for the LONGEST time.

Think I'll keep adding to the list if more ideas come to mind, doubt there will be that much more.
Probably too busy to be here right now.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri May 27, 2016 11:39 pm

DTJB wrote:Adding one to the list.

Recently finished watching Haibane Renmei a little while ago and the song "In The House Of Stone And Light" by Martin Page came to mind a few times. Gave it a listen after not hearing it for so long and I think they could work well together, would be very effective for both Rakka and Reki.

Might be tough forcing a few of the lyrics to work with the visuals, but I don't think there would be too much of a problem. Besides, I've been hoping to see a good AMV used for this song for the LONGEST time.

Think I'll keep adding to the list if more ideas come to mind, doubt there will be that much more.
YOU make this, I know you want to.

DTJB
Org Profile

Post by DTJB » Tue May 31, 2016 11:42 pm

Trust me, I want to make several of these. But because I've been focusing on art as a creative hobby, working a full-time job with less than ideal hours and trying to start a career and find work in a new field, the time and motivation to skim through tons of video footage, then pick the scenes I want for my edits and then finally put everything together just isn't there right now.

Sure I could make these, but I can't guarantee I can get around to making them in a quick timely fashion, if at all. That's why I'm offering my ideas to anybody who's interested, to see if these ideas can become something.
Probably too busy to be here right now.

Return to “General AMV”