Winners announced?

Anamorphic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Anamorphic Productions » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:56 pm

Otohiko wrote: Well, what's keeping me on my toes is that there doesn't seem to have been much activity on the part of AD or Phade today - so I'm holding my breath to see if either of them suddenly appears on the horizon...

My predictions mostly lie with the "big fish", whereas in a good half of the cases I'm actually cheering for the "little guy"; so I'm cautiously optimistic at most.

I think Whisper of the Beast will make quite a splash. I don't know if it'll get "the big one" here, but I can see it winning more than one for sure.

I do expect some personal disappointments in the less-mainstream categories though. And I'll be kinda sad one way or another for "Horror/Terror", because I've been split on it to the very end; and as much as I'd love Requiem for a Nightmare to get a VCA, I'd also very much like for Fynjy's awesome and awesomely-underrated work to be properly honored. And both of them have nominations in that category only... So I hope that at least one of them gets it.
It'd be nice to see them pop on and say "Here you go!"

I'm also rather split myself- a lot of the time I suspect I'm cheering for the little guy, though it's hard to judge because I'm not really immersed in the AMV scene- so much of it happens at the US cons. ><;;
Plus, so many vids were hard to judge for me. I was really caught between Greed vs Envy and Football for Humor, as well as all the Dramatic category entrants. I can't tell how many times I changed my mind...

I really hope Pianos gets recognized for Secret Waltz. That video just breaks me every time I watch it.

Hardest vote wise was probably the Dance category for me, because I a) was in it and din't want to vote for myself, and b) I'm not overly fond of MEPs as dance videos. *shrugs* But it's been talked to death in the Dacne thread anyway.

I really love how many videos I got to watch because of that that I would have otherwise missed. Kudos to EVERYONE.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:58 pm

I recall AD saying on the previous session of RDS radio that there might not be a runoff vote.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Anamorphic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Anamorphic Productions » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:05 pm

RDS radio? What's that?

(Yes, I'm just sitting the the forum- I'm encoding, and bored out of my mind.)

Darci-San
Org Profile

Post by Darci-San » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:12 pm

glad i'm not the only one waiting with anticipation...

the 7th is almost over!! XD i wanna knooooowwwww XD!!

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:41 pm

Anamorphic Productions wrote:RDS radio? What's that?

(Yes, I'm just sitting the the forum- I'm encoding, and bored out of my mind.)
http://www.randomdestination.com/internetradio.php

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... =rds+radio
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

luctmrc
Org Profile

Post by luctmrc » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:44 pm

this officially sux, im going to bed. ta!
"Homeric Scream" -- Homer (Simpson)

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:48 pm

Well, since AD is probably not going to be on at this hour, we can only count on Phade suddenly appearing now, otherwise we'll only know tomorrow.

I'll hang around for a bit to see what happens, but I suggest most people just calm down and wait 'til morning (or whatever time of day you get in 10-12 hours from now...) :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:19 pm

Ah.......so I'm not the only one gonna have a broken mouse button from all these clicks on refresh every other 5 minutes when available at the computer to see if winners are posted ;p

The suspense.... I think they are being evil and doing this on purpose to torture all those people that complained about categories and disqualifications and such :twisted: :lol:

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:26 am

Come on guys and gals. Chill. More than likely it won't be posted till tomorrow morning at the earliest. Phade is probably sleep already and my bet is Ian is as well since it's what...5 a.m. over there? Go to bed ;).

Regardless of who wins and loses, it was fun and congratulations to everyone involved.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:29 am

Disregard this post. I literally clicked on the site right after posting and Phade just posted :P.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”