A call to nominating voters

Otohiko
Org Profile

A call to nominating voters

Post by Otohiko » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:09 pm

Greetings to voters of all ages, genders, nationalities and IQ levels.

As I appealed to the editors at the start of the previous round, so I would appeal to you at the start of this round.

Please remember: your votes are what makes this contest work. They are also what makes this contest sometimes not work.

I encourage everyone to think for a bit about what a vote in any particular category means. It's a vote for a video that excels in a certain respective area of AMVing. It is not a vote for a video which you want to win a prize, and don't care what prize (as long as, you say, it wins something just cause it's an awesome video).

Even more so, I encourage everyone to try and actually download all the nominees before making a call (and that should go without saying).

So, look at the category first, consider what it means, and then vote for videos. Not the other way around.

This should be common sense, but it's starting to dawn on me that, perhaps, it isn't as common as it ought to be.

Vote responsibly.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:15 pm

OMG NOES I THINK ILL JUST VOTEZ FOR EVERY VIDEO WITH NARUTOOO THAT I SEES IN IT BECAUSE NARUTO IZ SO COOL!!

:P
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:42 pm

Man, if only there's a way this message can go across to the voters who DON'T EVEN GO TO THIS FORUM. :?
ImageImage

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:55 pm

Yeah I think these instructions should be posted on the final voting page.
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:08 pm

Fluxmeister wrote:Yeah I think these instructions should be posted on the final voting page.
Agreed.
ImageImage

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:26 pm

The question would be what percentage of the would be perpetrators would actually take the time to read that?

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:29 pm

Make it into an "annoying" pop-up page similar to that pledge page. :roll:
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:29 pm

Even if one or two would, I'd consider it a great success :roll:

No, I full-well realize the relative futility of this, but I still have some hope that reason and democracy can go hand in hand.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:29 pm

Wow, I wish I had your faith in humanity. I've come to assume that people-in-general are either really stupid or don't care. Possibly both.

But well said, and here's hopin'. *thumbs-up* I'll be downloading the stuff I haven't seen yet tomorrow, most likely. (I know, I should've done it last time, but I didn't vote in every category before. Just the ones in which I knew a lot of the entrants.)

Anyway. Well said.

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:45 am

I agree that the pledger-type page before getting to vote would be nice. If it pops up often enough that would at least get most of the idiots to give up -_-
Also make it short and simple as possible... I don't think I need to explain why.

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”