A call to nominated editors.

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:48 pm

Beowulf wrote:Even if it was made in 2004 it will never be popular because of the...

dreaded masters curse
I still don't think this curse is real...at least not :P

ZaCloud
Org Profile

vid unfairness

Post by ZaCloud » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:04 pm

There are indeed few enough videos that the people in charge can look at them... There are many "first videos" that say right in their descriptions that they're not really their first videos. :?

And "Shounen Bushidou" as best use of simplicity? It's anything BUT simple.

I hope nobody holds it against these and other such videos in the categories they really belong to (action, drama, etc), but it does make me sad that there's so many other vids that have been kept out due to this.

I don't think anything can be done about it this late in the game... Just, everybody, read the descriptions on the vids and consider how well they fit in their categories before you vote on them. It's up to us now, to pick up the pieces and do our best to salvage this contest's fairness while we still can.

GinnySeta
Org Profile

Re: vid unfairness

Post by GinnySeta » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:15 pm

_Ice-Angel_ wrote:There are indeed few enough videos that the people in charge can look at them... There are many "first videos" that say right in their descriptions that they're not really their first videos. :?
If you read the description of the category, it says "The first video ever made public by a creator."

My video is up for nomination in this category, and while it is not the first video I ever made, it is most definitely the first video I've ever made public - most of my previous videos will never see the light of day.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Re: vid unfairness

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:53 pm

GinnySeta wrote:
_Ice-Angel_ wrote:There are indeed few enough videos that the people in charge can look at them... There are many "first videos" that say right in their descriptions that they're not really their first videos. :?
If you read the description of the category, it says "The first video ever made public by a creator."

My video is up for nomination in this category, and while it is not the first video I ever made, it is most definitely the first video I've ever made public - most of my previous videos will never see the light of day.
Alot of situations concerning this is most likely the same as my situation, My first video was submitted to a convention, and I decided not to release it on the site until it showed at the con. I however made a second video afterwards, and uploaded it right away, since I didn't plan on submitting it. Hence why my Second video is now listed as my first. I think The code goes by date Premeired, So since my second premeired on the site first, its counted as my "first" video.

I also agree that there is a definate need for seperate Fun / Comedy and Romance / Sentimental videos.

My "Eternal Sky" isn't realy romance. but its Sentimental. (The pair could even be considered just good freinds in the video rather than a couple)

Oratorio of Ghibli also by me is an even better example, absolutely no romantic feelings at all in it, yet it is Sentimental. Same could go for DwChangs Here comes the sun, and alot of multiple source Ghibli videos, including Memories Dance.

"Insomnia" I consider more Romantic than Sentimental, Although I'll agree, most Romantic videos could easily fall under Sentimental aswell.

The only category I feel should not have been accepted is Best No effects, mostly because of the whole grey area in what constitutes something as an Effect.

And theres no excuse whatsoever for Whisper of the beast or Shounin Bushido to be in Best Simplicity.

Good topic, Lets hope some of the editors take this into consideration.

I'll also mention, since I don't think it was here yet, that there are also a few Editors in "Rookie of the year" that don't belong, but is there either because its a name made for a colaberation, or a foreign Editor new to the site, though they have been making videos for years. I think there should be a way for editors to Disqualify themselves in cases like this, Since the system has no way of knowing who fits these circumstances.
Something I think should maybe be considered for next year? And I only bring this up since the ones in question particularly made some pretty popular vids this year...
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

ZaCloud
Org Profile

about first vids

Post by ZaCloud » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:07 pm

I know that. But one example is Shining Finger folks, with Digi Titans Nyo! (I think... comp's too choppy to check right now). Where they said they had a different account but just made a new one. (I hope they deleted their old one :? ) And that was the first video on their NEW account.

That's what I mean mostly.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:02 pm

Well, as much as I am disappointed with some of the categories... I'll let it be - with one exception, where I already issued a call to the "editor" in question elsewhere. If nothing happens in the next little bit - could I have a word with the admins on something?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:07 pm

Otohiko wrote:Well, as much as I am disappointed with some of the categories... I'll let it be - with one exception, where I already issued a call to the "editor" in question elsewhere. If nothing happens in the next little bit - could I have a word with the admins on something?
x2 ...

"Whisper of the beast" being in best first video is just so unfair to the other true candidates... Unlike some of them maybe being a second video just uploaded first, this video is very far from the creators first video...

But can't say I didn't expect this. :roll:

Silver_moon's video didn't even make romance :(
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:16 pm

I think what has been painfully obvious this year is the need for some sort of administrative crackdown people checking innapropriate genre boxes for their videos.

:up:

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:59 pm

Beowulf wrote:I think what has been painfully obvious this year is the need for some sort of administrative crackdown people checking innapropriate genre boxes for their videos.
If you want to go through thousands of videos picking categories on the behalf of creators they be my guest. Personally I dont see anyway around this problem.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:21 pm

But I don't think he's suggesting thousands. He's only suggesting the few dozen (at most) of those who actually get nominated...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”