A call to nominated editors.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:01 am

I think there should just be a way for creators to disqualify themselves (that particular video) if they think their video doesn't belong in a particular category that it ends up getting nominated to. Some editors don't realize they made the mistake of the category before its too late, as an example, I don't think ScorpionsULTD purposely kept the effects box unchecked, and even if they did they may not have been thinking about the VCAs in that decission. I did the same with a few of my vids, didn't think about the VCAs when flagging the categories, and so missed out on a few that would have fit. Istiv even concured that Shounin Bushido didn't belong in character profile, if there was a way for him to disqualify himself from that, someone else would've had a chance to make it to the finals.

All I think is nessisary is a way for the creators themselves to weed out incorrect nominations of their own videos in the semi final round.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:02 am

Creators can disqualify themselves... all they have to do is tell us.

As nobody actually did then I guess that's their problem.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:07 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Creators can disqualify themselves... all they have to do is tell us.

I don't think anyone knew they could ;p This wasn't exaclty mentioned anywhere that I can remember ^^
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:36 am

Well, I think you have to remember that the admins set the category definitions, and while grey areas are quite probably out of their power - I'm sure in instances where a video is grossly mis-categorized something can and should be done without taking too much effort...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:59 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:The problem is that the creators already DO select categories to go in when they choose the categories on their video. They can change this information throughout the entire first round to make sure they dont appear in the wrong filter.
The thing is, though, as <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... 2">someone else pointed out on another thread</a> (I hadn't realized it before), this year that only worked on the lip synch and effects categories.

Apparently, you could have nominated AEO:EB for Best Romance if you really felt like it, by selecting a filter that would include it.

No, I <i>don't</i> agree with this, but that's how it was.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:38 pm

Scintilla wrote:Apparently, you could have nominated AEO:EB for Best Romance if you really felt like it, by selecting a filter that would include it.
I'm aware of this. This is intentional.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:15 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Creators can disqualify themselves... all they have to do is tell us.

Not that I want to get into the VCA bashing since by now it's pointless and I'm sure you're sick of it but....

Did the posts several creators did saying their videos were nominated in the wrong catagories and requesting people to not vote for them in those catagories count as telling you?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:25 am

godix wrote:Did the posts several creators did saying their videos were nominated in the wrong catagories and requesting people to not vote for them in those catagories count as telling you?
Not if we don't read them they don't. This is a shameless pimping forum, so I wasn't checking here for this sort of thing. Had there been a thread in site help or suggestions then that would have been different. You can't expect the contest admins to read every thread.

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:25 am

I don't see why you all bother. AD isn't going to change anything even if 100s of us posted at once. And were there some background checks of the voters? You know, like trying to see whether some of them are multiple accounts?
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:31 am

bote wrote:And were there some background checks of the voters? You know, like trying to see whether some of them are multiple accounts?
When you take into consideration public access points (like libraries) and public email services (like hotmail, yahoo mail, etc.) checking for dupe accounts becomes more or less impossible. If the person is intelligent.

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”