Atom's Last Minute Pimping

Brad
Org Profile

Atom's Last Minute Pimping

Post by Brad » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:51 pm

I haven't been as vocal this year on the forums as I have been in previous years, but believe that I have been staying very much atuned to the community throughout this whole time, and I definity have some other strong reccomendations for this year's VCA's. These aren't necesarilly the ONLY videos that I think deserve nominations, but they're the ones that I fear might go un-noticed this year:

1) Kill Winter Radio by Tash
Personally, this is my favorite video of the year, bar-none. It was actually released back in January, so that makes me afraid that many people will have forgotten about it by now. To me, he was able to take one of my most beloved songs, and make the absolute perfect anime music video to it. Everything about it just WORKS.. I've watched this video dozens and dozens of times, and I still cannot get tired of it. So please, consider it for Best Action and/or Video of the Year.

2) Paranoia Gimmik by deafeuphoria
This one really surprised me. I saw it soon after I first watched Paranoia Agent, so it was still fresh in my mind, and this video really impressed me. It's got really clever editing, and a very infectious song (assuming you're into IDM). I am really liking this creator and have been keeping an eye on him. So, please consider this for Best First Video.

3) I'll Meet You by silver_moon
Simply an awesome video. She was able to take a song by a band that I absolutely did not care for, and turned it into something that I couldn't help loving. This video is powerful and amazing. I'm reccomending it for Best Romance and Video of the Year.

4) Priceless by norsotaku
Here's a guy that truly came out of left field in my opinion. I personally had not taken notice of him until I saw this video at ACen, and I REALLY liked it. It also really got me into Copeland as well! Norsotaku has also proven to be a very consistent and talented editor. I am reccomending this for Best Drama and Best Romance, and Norsotaku for Creator of the Year.

5) Holy Crap by Pie Row Maniac
This video, above any others this year IMO, did the best job of telling the story of a whole anime, so well in fact, that I can't really even imagine seeing this anime used in any other AMV and coming off as well as it did here (if that makes any amount of sense :P). Basically what I mean is, he made the perfect Stink Bomb video. And it is damn fun :) Easy nomination for Best Fun and Best Action.

Now, I wasn't originally going to do this, but honestly, I've always thought it'd be fun to make one of those poster dealies for one of my videos. I'm a total Photoshop nerd, so I like it :) Plus, the whole theme of my one video this year was Shamelessness, and that has certainly seemed to be the theme of this whole forum :P So, without further ado, my nomination poster dealie:

Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:00 pm

I am awesome :D I forgot to actually link that image to my video ^_^ I are smartie :D

Why...? Can't...? I...?

And while I'm at it, one more reccomendation:

6) UntitledZeroOne by WilLoW :--)
I actually didn't end up seeing this until AWA, but I absolutely love it :D It's just so goddamn infectious and clever. Easily one of my picks for Best Dance and Best Original Concept.

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:52 pm

you forgot one quote

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:54 pm

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

Solaria735
Org Profile

Post by Solaria735 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:58 pm

That's a keeper. That song. . . and Squall. . . and Seifer. . . it's so funny!

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:00 pm

What's with all this "Last Munute" stuff, folks? There's still almost two weeks left for nominating, no need to get all nervous :wink:

But thanks for reminding me of a couple of vids that I still need to get...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:00 pm

Forgot one more major nomination.

Project Genius for Video of the Year

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:17 pm

AtomX wrote:Forgot one more major nomination.

When is that project ever going to be finished?! >_<
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:19 pm

Scintilla wrote:

I know!

*takes out shotgun*

It's rather finished now :twisted:

(and to think, I was taking stabs at it well over a year ago already... only to realize that, perhaps, the joke migh've been on me)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:28 pm

Otohiko wrote:
Scintilla wrote:

I know!

*takes out shotgun*

It's rather finished now :twisted:

(and to think, I was taking stabs at it well over a year ago already... only to realize that, perhaps, the joke migh've been on me)

It's no joke. It is very real..

And very delayed o_o....

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”