Best No-Effects Video

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Re: Action video

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:18 pm

anneke wrote:Here is an ACTION video with no effects:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=37995

The footage is NOT speeded up or slowed down even. It's simple cuts, maybe a few disolves. That's all.
But lack of Boku....
FAILED

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:21 pm

silver_moon wrote:I'm not voting for anything in the No Effects category at all... I think Best Use of Simplicity is all we need. Although there's some pretty out-of-place nominations in the Simplicity category too...
I'm not going to vote for any in both since I think it's too contaminated already to make a fair judgement...

Vlad

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:33 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
silver_moon wrote:I'm not voting for anything in the No Effects category at all... I think Best Use of Simplicity is all we need. Although there's some pretty out-of-place nominations in the Simplicity category too...
I'm not going to vote for any in both since I think it's too contaminated already to make a fair judgement...

Vlad
Now I'm not gonna tell either of you what to do, but wouldn't the best solution be voting for the videos that *do* correctly fit in the category to assure the "tainted" entries don't make it to the next round?

I for one do agree that there are quite a few videos that don't belong (imo), but I'm also going to do my part to help weed it out and get the category down to videos that do belong.

Just my two cents...
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:44 pm

dwchang wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:

Vlad
Now I'm not gonna tell either of you what to do, but wouldn't the best solution be voting for the videos that *do* correctly fit in the category to assure the "tainted" entries don't make it to the next round?

I for one do agree that there are quite a few videos that don't belong (imo), but I'm also going to do my part to help weed it out and get the category down to videos that do belong.

Just my two cents...
x2, though I wasn't planning to vote in No effects for the same reason as Silver_moon posted, I may do it now just for the reason you just posted. Give the videos that deserve it that much more chance of winning.

The most ludicrous is "Pianos" as Rookie of the year..... I think he would be offended to win that award O_o

But then I guess some people may honestly not realize hes been making videos for many years and is only new to THIS site.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:51 pm

I considering that for the Best Simplicity catagory... But I think the non-effect is also redundant and hence the other part of my reason why I fee l it should not be there...

BUT, that is of course my opinion and everyone is free to vote for any cataglory they want :wink:

Vlad

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:48 pm

The biggest blasphemy is AMV Hell getting "Most artistic" or perhaps my definition of art is wrong. :|
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:50 pm

Hopefully these semifinals will weed out some of these obvious wrongdoings
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Darci-San
Org Profile

Post by Darci-San » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:13 pm

I agree.. there are alot of ... vids in category's that don't seem to fit... chalk it up to people just wanting to vote for a vid for everything XD...

I also think No-effects and Simplicity are the same thing arn't they?? O_o...

anyways... i LOVE whispers of the beast... and i hurriedly voted for it the moment i saw it for the categories it pertained to... but...

Greed vs. envy /against/ whispers of the beast... for no-effects? XD!!!!!!

i used what?... a fade in and fade out on that vid.. XD.. and whispers of the beast is like MAD AWSOME croping animation and what not, that I drooled at XD... wish i had seen it earlier...

i'm sure things will straighten out... hopefully... >_<...

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:15 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:Hopefully these semifinals will weed out some of these obvious wrongdoings
With the same people voting in both rounds, why would they?

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:03 pm

SarahtheBoring wrote:
SSJVegita0609 wrote:Hopefully these semifinals will weed out some of these obvious wrongdoings
With the same people voting in both rounds, why would they?
They will realize the error of their ways. :wink:

Seriously though, the nominations was done from a huge list that took a lot of time to scroll though and there were quite a few categories. Especially if you do a couple of categories in a single sitting, I probably made a mistake or two myself.

The semi-finals are much more straightforward and concice, Whisper sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't think there will be a problem.

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”