Best No-Effects Video

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:37 pm

You may notice that there is no longer a Best Simplicity category in the finals.

This was a judgement call we made due to the finallists being honestly too similar in No-effects and Best Simplicity and the results for no-effects were much more in the spirit of these categories (as they included some videos not featured much elsewhere).

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:54 pm

Oh wow, I didn't noticed that. :shock:

Thanks for the heads up.
ImageImage

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:21 am

Go Beautiful Earth!
X2
NHMK knows how to put magic in a vid... and without effects.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:58 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:You may notice that there is no longer a Best Simplicity category in the finals.

This was a judgement call we made due to the finallists being honestly too similar in No-effects and Best Simplicity and the results for no-effects were much more in the spirit of these categories (as they included some videos not featured much elsewhere).
Oh, very good call. Thank you :)

Thus, I'll vote for the Azuboogie in this category :D

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:56 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:You may notice that there is no longer a Best Simplicity category in the finals.

Just out of curiosity, what were the four finalists for the cut category?

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:05 pm

pen-pen2002 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what were the four finalists for the cut category?
Yeah, I'd like to know too.

Personally I think we would've been better off getting rid of the No-Effects category instead of the Simplicity category. I thought that what we're trying to award is the subtlety of any effects used, not their complete absence.

However, I do realize that "simplicity" is a bit vague, which would put such a category at risk in the hands of voters who are (as we have seen this year) easily confused.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:03 pm

Jasper-Isis wrote: Personally I think we would've been better off getting rid of the No-Effects category instead of the Simplicity category. I thought that what we're trying to award is the subtlety of any effects used, not their complete absence.
Correct me if I misinterpreted, but I beleive AD had said that the only reason no effects was chosen instead of simplicity is because the videos nominated better fit that category of the 2.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:43 am

I'm not saying for the same reason we are not saying who would have made it in instead of ScorpionsUltd. However, the videos were VERY similar.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:17 pm

I just liked the name "simplicity" a bit better, if anything :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”