Last Minute Pimping: (It said 'Shameless')

Anamorphic Productions
Org Profile

Last Minute Pimping: (It said 'Shameless')

Post by Anamorphic Productions » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:17 pm

So there's one day left... Technically several hours, but I don't think nominations will start until noon or so tomorrow, unless the admins are REALLY good. :D

Since many of the threads have died, lets start a new one. :lol:

Pimp ONE of your own videos, with a short description and categories you'd like to see it in.

AND THEN

Pimp ONE video that's NOT YOURS. A friend's, something that isn't seeing a lot of hype, that one video that 'EVry1 MUST Se', whatever.

And of course, I'll start.

Delirium by...me. ^^

A 'seizure' video- using frame by frame editing that jumps between two and three different, unconnected anime scenes that, combined with the dance mix of Darude's Sandstorm and Robert Mile's Children, force you to choose which scenes you want to 'see'. Please don't watch this if you do suffer from Epilepsy, and be warned that this is a video with flashing- of the strob-y, not flesh-y kind. :D

For Best Dance and Best Original Concept. (Please don't nominate me for Best Effects or Video of the Year. Delirium doesn't HAVE anything more complicated than a crossfade and a 'glow' overlay, and while I may think it's great, it certainly isn't the best by FAR.)

And also pimping:

Reflections of a Goddess by norskotaku

An Ah My Goddess! Video that started out in this contest with five opinions. It's beautiful, and uses the source (movie) footage amazingly. While long, it's easily one of the BEST instrumental vids I've seen in a long time. And more people need to DL it! *pimp*
This video could essentially summerize the whole Goddess movie, if that was what he intended- instead, he tells his own story, and re-arranges the order of events to tell almost three seperate stories. Amazingly well timed throughout. I love this video to death.

For Best Instrumental. (If it appears under Best Sentimental or Best Artistic, I'll be voting for it there too.)

Your Turn!
(And if you don't have a video that's competing, just pimp the one you'd like to see win!)

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:41 pm

My own shameless pimp:

Little Tortilla Boy - Best Trailer

Hilarious original skit by Pablo Francisco, the gratuitous use of Gendo, and Onizuka selling tortillas. A parody inside of a parody, this trailer exists for a movie that doesn't exist. If that makes sense.

On a side note, I'd like to thank everyone who has helped pimp this video out :P It really means a lot to me.

Other pimp:

At the risk of sounding like a poser, I'm going with you on this one AP. Reflections of a Goddess by norskotaku is simply amazing. I am still undecided between this and Otohiko's Wasteland video for best Instrumental, as they certainly both deserve it. However, this one is much less well known. Beautiful music (who doesn't like Epcot?), beautiful video, all around awesome job.
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:50 pm

greenjinjo wrote:My own shameless pimp:

Yay Tortilla Boy

Go Outlaws of the Carribean
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=40900
and AMV Before Halloween
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=52347

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:03 pm

RolltheStampede wrote:
greenjinjo wrote:My own shameless pimp:

Yay Tortilla Boy

Go Outlaws of the Carribean
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=40900
and AMV Before Halloween
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=52347
Yay those are great vids for me though. Outlaws of the Carribean is one of my favs from this year. Obviously my favorite anime but also it is one of the best parodies of the year.

Fighting For Your Love -

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=33238

Is a cute romance story between Lina and Gourry, but when Gourry trys to sing to Lina it sounds NFG. (New Found Glory or No F(#$#^) Good.) The singing is all of key which is the purpose of the video but yet to tell a serious love story at the same time. Which this pulls it off. It was an Ohayocon Finalist but more importantly an Otakon Finalist, at this time I have to say this is my most popular video because it is fun to watch and it isn't your slow pace sappy romance video. Which it always ligthens up a contest.

Enjoy the video.

Gene Starwind 21122

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:37 pm

i dun really like pimping any of my videos but here goes:

Hollow

A video using Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust to the song "Haunted" by Evanescence. While not a wholly original idea (one other vid has been made with this combination, and i've heard it's quite good) it's a video i enjoyed creating greatly. The general idea for this video was to try and put across the story of the movie while still trying to keep the viewers attention. The first part of the video explains the kidnapping, and D's hiring, and then the first chorus shows two early action sequences combined into one to introduce both D a little better, and the Markus brothers. Between the first and second chorus I have brief "character profilings" of the main good guys and bad guys, and then at the chorus I use the action sequence of D fighting the female Barbarois, and then also Leila fighting her. The second chorus then leaps into the guitar solo which is a 'collage' of images plowing through the story to the final fight scene between D and Meier, which is shown in the final chorus before the songs end. If I got any nominations for this video i'd want them in the Horror/Terror section, even though this video is borderline between Horror and Action, i'd still prefer Horror/Terror.

and heres the video i'm pimping that isn't mine:

IRIA - Complete Authority

THE BEST IRIA MUSIC VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN! This video is absolutely amazing. Almost one year in the making the author, AltruisticCrono, put amazing amounts of work into this video. The video is Iria:Zeiram The Animation put to "Points of Authority (Remix)" by Linkin Park. Now don't be discouraged because it uses a Linkin Park song, or because Iria hasn't had very many success's in the AMV world. This video is one that revives both the anime and the song. Every frame of this video is a masterpiece. I would request that people nominate this video for best Action video. Unlike a lot of action videos out there this isn't just mindless explosions and gunfights/swordfights. This video goes through the storyline in pretty much chronological order (exceptions for the song of course) and is able to put across the feelings of the characters. It is an absolute masterpiece, all i request is that people nominate Complete Authority for best Action video.

that's all for now

silmeluin
Org Profile

give it a chance!!!!!!

Post by silmeluin » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:54 pm

here's my the last minute "pimp"

The Joy of Rebirth by Purelyshin

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=52558

it's little known, but totally worth everyone's time.

I think it should be up for Best Instrumental, Best Dramatic, and best first video

The Joyof Rebirth[/url]

silmeluin
Org Profile

Post by silmeluin » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:57 pm

just an explanation: I don't have any of my own videos- the one above is my so-called "other pimp"

ReannaKing
Org Profile

Post by ReannaKing » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:38 pm

Okay, here's mine, pimpin' for comedy:

Slayers CABARET:

A video done to Wilkommen, the opening song from the musical "Cabaret." In the video, Lina and comany enter a night club to see it run by Xelloss, the emcee. He introduces several Slayers characters as the "Cabaret boys and girls." Soon everybody gets in on it.

This is probably the best video I've ever done and has been very well-received by most who reviewed it (but hey, there are critics in every crowd). Unfortunately, it's not very well known. Give this vid some lovin'!

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50687
I host the Anime Music Video contest at No Brand Con in Eau Claire, WI.

Get your butt over to cheeseland and show me what you've got! :D

Anamorphic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Anamorphic Productions » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:17 am

ReannaKing wrote:Okay, here's mine, pimpin' for comedy:

Slayers CABARET:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50687
I laughed my ass off throughout this video- espeially as I've seen the original Wilkommen. Definitley nominating for comedy.

But where's your "other" pimp!? Read the first post!!

Resk
Org Profile

Post by Resk » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:28 am

I wasn't going to do this, but I guess I will anyhow.

Creative Distractions by me (Resk) for Best Lip Sync.

This is a video I worked especially hard on, because after a long hiatus, this was the first FFX-2 AMV I made using Premiere, and so I wanted to make it special. Normally when using FFX-2 exclusivly, you're almost restricted to puttin some kind of lip sync into the video using clips from Real Emotion and 1000 Words, and so (even though everyone including myself hates the song) I did my best to really just bring out a fun FFX-2 video with little or no real plot. Generally, it's been accepted well by people who have viewed it, but then again that's not very many. So hopefully that will change by putting it in here ^_^

Diary of a Monster by Sky_William for Best Action.

This is a video which I was really surprised by. Rarely do I actually enjoy non-FF videos, but this one actually kept my attention beyond the first 30 seconds. It has great timing and great clip choices, which allowed me (who is more familliar with video game scenes rather than anime) to actually understand the story behind the clips themselves. I will admit I've never seen Naruto before, so this was a big achievement. Also, this video demonstrates a clearly defined art of depicting action without resulting to mountains of explosions or oddly timed sword fights. I really think it deserves more traffic than it has, and so hopefully by putting it here, that will change ^_^

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”