Rookie of the Year

User avatar
Roccket
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:09 pm
Location: France
Org Profile

Post by Roccket » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:30 am

Nostromo and Bakadeshi would be great rookies but you're forgetting this one :

p0d : http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=181529

User avatar
Maverick-Rubik
The Eye of a Lynx
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 8:49 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Maverick-Rubik » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:01 pm


User avatar
Dark-Krystal
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:45 am
Location: Saint-Guiraud, FRANCE
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Dark-Krystal » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:00 pm

Maverick-Rubik wrote:Dark-Krystal :wink:
Thanks Maverick but I really think there are many rookies who are better than me.

Ps: sorry for my english ^^; :oops:

User avatar
WilLoW :--)
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 7:07 am
Location: Matsudo, Japan
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Rookie of the Year suggestions

Post by WilLoW :--) » Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:29 pm

FoxJones wrote:I don't think there'll be any contest in this one.. if more people would check out the AMVs made by...

Nostromo_vx
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=222270
Seconded. I recommand the following videos of his : Hypnotoad, Push the Tempo, Gibraltar, and Nature's Kingdom

LooneyJared
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:39 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by LooneyJared » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:54 pm

Self pimping feels a bit odd, but id seriously like to have some consideration for this category, as i have only been making vids since June, but have made over 10, all of them considered at least above average in just about every opinion i get. http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=186315

Also, im told im very original. thank you for listening.

User avatar
Tyler_Darko
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:40 pm
Location: France
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Tyler_Darko » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:26 pm

Bakadeshi and p0d deserves it for sure

User avatar
SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Atlanta
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Rookie of the Year suggestions

Post by SnhKnives » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:03 pm

FoxJones wrote:I don't think there'll be any contest in this one.. if more people would check out the AMVs made by...

Nostromo_vx
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=222270

agreed!!
Image

User avatar
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:07 pm
Status: Shutting Down
Location: Australia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Kiskasca Productions

Post by Infinity Squared » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:20 am

RutKiskasca wrote:I hesitate to self promote for this, but then I thought, "Hey, it's 'shameless self promotion' and I make videos partly because I want other people to enjoy them and become interested in the series or movies I use." So, here's why I nominate myself for rookie recognition.

I didn't post any terribly annoying newb forum material.
I read the guides...all of them.
I eventually understood most of them, and I am working to improve each time.
I tried to produce original concepts that I felt a connection to.
I paid for everything I used (except After Effects, I'm hoping for a good birthday haul this year.)
Haha... well, you know what I was thinking as well that self-pimping shouldn't be something I do... but since I am new here in 2004 and since this is 'shameless' promotion (I haven't seen anyone promote me yet for anything) and because I joined somewhere in mid December and so haven't had time at all to advertise myself around here... and since you have put so simply I might as well do it...

My Profile

The Particular Video Deserving a look (in my opinion, even though my other vid seems to be faring better)
Image

User avatar
RutKiskasca
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:19 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Kiskasca Productions

Post by RutKiskasca » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:04 pm

Infinity Squared wrote:
RutKiskasca wrote:I hesitate to self promote for this, but then I thought, "Hey, it's 'shameless self promotion' and I make videos partly because I want other people to enjoy them and become interested in the series or movies I use." So, here's why I nominate myself for rookie recognition.

I didn't post any terribly annoying newb forum material.
I read the guides...all of them.
I eventually understood most of them, and I am working to improve each time.
I tried to produce original concepts that I felt a connection to.
I paid for everything I used (except After Effects, I'm hoping for a good birthday haul this year.)
Haha... well, you know what I was thinking as well that self-pimping shouldn't be something I do... but since I am new here in 2004 and since this is 'shameless' promotion (I haven't seen anyone promote me yet for anything) and because I joined somewhere in mid December and so haven't had time at all to advertise myself around here... and since you have put so simply I might as well do it...

My Profile

The Particular Video Deserving a look (in my opinion, even though my other vid seems to be faring better)
Well, I was self pimping, until I saw Nostromo....

I'm throwing in the towel on this one. I just watched two of his videos, and I have two things to say...

OMFG

and...

there is no way he's a rookie.
Rut Kiskasca
rut@kiskasca.net
http://www.kiskasca.net/

"We are MMORPG...you will be assimilated...resistance is futile"

User avatar
Nostromo_vx
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:34 am
Location: Paris, France
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Nostromo_vx » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:10 pm

:shock: .... Image

User avatar
gangstaj8
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:12 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by gangstaj8 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:42 pm

Scintilla wrote:
DrngdKreationz wrote:now does rookie just mean that the join date is 2004? or started making amvs in 2004 only? the rules don't exactly make that clear
I believe that:
1) the member's join date must be 2004 (meaning Bakadeshi wouldn't be eligible)
2) the member must not have any videos listed as having premiered before 2004 (which is why I wasn't eligible last year)
Oh darn, I joined in December 2003, but didn't make any vids untill August. Oh well, maybe next year. Oh, wait... ah, just forget it.
Image
The Golden Rule of AMV's: "Render unto others as you would have them Render unto you."

User avatar
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:59 pm
Status: Always around, creating more AMVs. :)
Location: TN
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:33 pm

I would like to introduce myself and ask for your vote for Rookie of the Year.

I've been a member since April 2004, but only started making videos recently.

I only have three I've made that are eligible for 2004 (since my current series of Stand Alone (More) Complex premiered starting 2005):

- "The Hurricane"
- Happy XMas 2004
- Every One of You (Steel Angels)

Thank you.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - AMV Contest Manager & AMV Events
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Assistant Director of Programming

User avatar
Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Georgia / S. FL WIP: ROS2, VG3, AR2
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:06 am

gangstaj8 wrote:
Scintilla wrote:
DrngdKreationz wrote:now does rookie just mean that the join date is 2004? or started making amvs in 2004 only? the rules don't exactly make that clear
I believe that:
1) the member's join date must be 2004 (meaning Bakadeshi wouldn't be eligible)
2) the member must not have any videos listed as having premiered before 2004 (which is why I wasn't eligible last year)
Oh darn, I joined in December 2003, but didn't make any vids untill August. Oh well, maybe next year. Oh, wait... ah, just forget it.
hmm.... I guess that depends on how the rules are setup. Technically I started making my first video around the end of 2003, but didn't premeire it till after Katsucon (Feb) so all my videos were released to the public in 2004. I don't think Join date makes sense... since there are alot of people on the site that don't make videos ;p
[size=0]
Image
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

User avatar
SSJVegita0609
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:52 pm
Location: Around...
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:03 am

Gah, I was totally planning on nomming Bakadeshi too..
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

User avatar
silver_moon
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2001 12:46 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:06 pm

I don't think you have to have joined in 2004... because I was just looking at burntoast's profile (burntoast won Rookie of the Year in last year's VCAs), and it says he joined in December 2002. His first video was made in 2003.

So... I'm voting for Bakadeshi. :D
ImageImage

Locked

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”