Best Romantic Video

ashitaka_ja
Org Profile

Post by ashitaka_ja » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:08 am

WOW! :shock:

Just like in the Comedy Category, there are lots of well deserving entries here in the Romantic Category. I for one take the voting process very seriously and make sure I download all the entries and view them multiple times before making my final decision. This is especially true for the Romantic Category because, to be honest it is my favorite category.

But after alot of careful considerations, these are the five I've voted for in the semi-final round. Let's see if you agree. :wink:

In alphabetical order by creator:

Another Accidental Love Story by Kareef Kuggins

Waiting for You by Daniel Chang

Somewhere Only We Know by Hsien Lee

Ignited Solitude: Remastered by Laura Fremmerlid

I'll Meet You by Valerie Fremmerlid

This was a tough category to choose from because there were so many high quality AMVs to choose from. My only issue with the semi-final selections for this category is that "Priceless by Matt Boone" was not among those in this list and there was at least one, arguable two AMVs that were in no shape or form, romantic amvs at all. But that is not here nor there.

ashitaka_ja
Org Profile

Post by ashitaka_ja » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:11 am

:P :P :P :P :P

Man, what alphabet was I using? :P :P :P :P :P

Well, okay so they may not be in any specific order but they are still all well deserving videos. :wink:

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:19 am

No Silver_moon - I'll meet you in finals??? common people!

hmm my vote might just have to go to Knives's Just another typical love story instead... or maybe Janzki's Insomnia... hmm the choices... I'm kinda biased to Ai Yori Aoshi though....and Insomnia, while a great video, just doesn't have the replay value for me.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

ashitaka_ja
Org Profile

Post by ashitaka_ja » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:08 am

I totally agree.

I'll Meet You was by far the best in the Romance Category.

In my opinion, it doesn't even matter who wins in this category now because the best video isn't even in the running.

Zetjintsu
Org Profile

Post by Zetjintsu » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:34 am

ashitaka_ja wrote:I totally agree.

I'll Meet You was by far the best in the Romance Category.

In my opinion, it doesn't even matter who wins in this category now because the best video isn't even in the running.
X2

I can't understand at all how I'll Meet You didn't make the cut. Vlad's Love in Digital, my other choice, is also inexplicitly missing. Both of those videos made me actually feel something (okay, I'll confess, I'll Meet You actually made me cry, it was that good :oops: )

To be honest, while none of the videos here are bad, none of them pass the "Will I ever watch them again" test.
"The Wasteland" for best instrumental!

ashitaka_ja
Org Profile

Post by ashitaka_ja » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:47 am

I know exactly what you mean. Overall, I felt the romance category was pretty strong but, I'll Meet You was by far the best. It's sort of easy to make a romantic video from anime footage that is from a romance to begin with. And while Escaflowne has its romantic elements, it is not a romance like His and Her Circumstance, Please Teacher, or Ai Yori Aoshi. Not to put those AMVs down that used these animes, they all did a wonderful job with the material they used. But I'll Meet You did so much more with so much less to work with. I mean, Van and Hitomi never even kiss for christ-sake.

I've gone days just watching, I'll Meet You, over and over again. I can't say the same for any of the other amvs in this category.

Awarded today, the 1st Official A. Amishi Romantic AMV of the Year Award, goes to..............(Drum Roll Please)..................................

I'LL MEET YOU by Valerie Fremmerlid of Dark Moon Studios

Congratulations Valerie!!!!!!!!!!!

*APPLAUSE APPLAUSE*

:D :D :D :D :D

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:16 pm

I think shes just not well known enough.... I don't think she ever submits to cons, Nor has she been actively advertising her videos much, so most of the mainstream audience that don't visit these forums may not even know of her existance. And you know alot of those people are just too lazy to download all of the videos in the category before voting. They just vote on the names/videos they know.

Of course that also goes to show her skill, since she is at least this popular without any help besides how good her video is.

I'm even guilty of that in a few categories I didn't care as much about myself. (/slap self) Not romance though, its one of my favorite genres. (And I did vote for her, and probably would have in the finals too ;p) I will download every video in the finals before voting though.

Although I am happy I made it to the finals, I do feel a little bad that a video I consider to be better than mine was shutout instead. :cry:
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Zetjintsu
Org Profile

Post by Zetjintsu » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:33 pm

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:I think shes just not well known enough.... I don't think she ever submits to cons, Nor has she been actively advertising her videos much, so most of the mainstream audience that don't visit these forums may not even know of her existance. And you know alot of those people are just too lazy to download all of the videos in the category before voting. They just vote on the names/videos they know.
Yeah, maybe it would be a good idea if instead of direct linking to the nomination form, the link from the front page instead linked to the VCA Shameless Promotions threads, w/ the link to nominating vids at the bottom of that screen. That way people would at least have to go through here before voting, and some would actually read some of the posts and cast slgihtly more informed votes. I think some time of changes are needed, and I tend to favor more subtle little changes that subtly shift people's attention.
"The Wasteland" for best instrumental!

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:50 pm

The romance category pleasantly surprised me this year. I really enjoy both snhknives & bakadeshi's videos. It's gunna be a tough call between these 2 for me...

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:53 pm

Go, Insomnia !

The mood it gave me yesterday again with 2 litres of beer is priceless !

:lol:

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”