Best First Video

Brolly345
Org Profile

Post by Brolly345 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:59 pm

slackergirl wrote:
angelx03 wrote:It's a REALLY cute Sakura+Syaoran video that uses the song "Yellow" by Coldplay! Check it out NOW!
Wow! Thanks for the vote of confidence. :D I didn't want to nominate myself, mainly because I thought Brolly's Wasted Years sorta left my little vid in the dust :wink:
And it looks like Whisper of the fucking Beast left both of us in the dust. :?

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:15 pm

Otohiko wrote:ATTENTION!

Something Alex from ScorpionsUltd brought up:

"Best First Video
The first video ever made public by a creator that was better than all others' first videos (and perhaps even later videos). This video has set high expectations for the video creator’s videos to follow."

I think that point, technically, should make the AMV qualified for the category. I suppose us category-skeptics can tone it down somewhat then...
Was it the first he made public? I thought it was just the first on this site and that hes been making them public on other sites maybe in russia or whatever, kinda like Pianos and his Mads. If it was his first video ever made public, then I'm willing to accept it.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:26 pm

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:
Otohiko wrote:ATTENTION!

Something Alex from ScorpionsUltd brought up:

Was it the first he made public?
If this is the same guy, the answer would be no.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:26 pm

Geh, you know, I just checked something up, and Alex does seem have other videos here on the website... :?
I don't see anything from Strange anywhere though.
Then this might be a difficult one. I think they're claiming ScorpionsUltd as an entirely new AMV-making unit, which is a bit... odd, if you ask me.

I'm going to have to expand this conversation a bit over at AKROSS before we arrive at any conclusions though.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:26 pm

Geh, and Janzki was one step ahead of me there...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:33 pm

See this is all too late. I can't change things now that the votes have started.

I asked around, I looked for other videos but didnt find any, so I let it stand. I removed pianos from the contest but I couldnt find any prior work for scorpionsultd.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:41 pm

Well, perhaps if I can convince Alex, whoever gets 2nd place might take the actual prize?

I mean, ScorpionsUltd should be treated as a studio/project account (sort of like Animix - but you won't have Animix nominated for creator of the year, right?). And much as Animix, they're definitely qualified for video-specific awards that are properly-categorized.

I was hoping that they would come forward earlier themselves, actually. But apparently, much as they did with effects/no-effects, they interpreted things somewhat differently...

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:52 pm

Otohiko wrote:
I mean, ScorpionsUltd should be treated as a studio/project account (sort of like Animix - but you won't have Animix nominated for creator of the year, right?). And much as Animix, they're definitely qualified for video-specific awards that are properly-categorized.
Thats true....Didn't think of that... Scorpionsultd is actually 2 people... so Creator/rookie of the year at least should automatically get DQed for that.

/shamelessly worries about his chances at rookie of the year :oops: :twisted: :lol:

But hey, if nothing can be done now since votes already started, we'll Just have to be more carefull next year I guess. And hopefully implore the voters to vote fairly in this light. (though alot of good that'll do ;p)

I mean I love the video, I want it to win something, But I want it to win something deserving, and fairly. It would mean so much more.
And I will vote for it somewhere, drama or maybe profile... It wouldve gotten best effects easily had they checked the box.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:53 pm

Yeah, I was a bit confused as to what to do for Best First... in the category description, it says "the first video ever made public", but a lot of people in the forums seemed to think it should be the person's first video ever made, and that's what I thought it was for a long time too.

If the category is meant to be for the first video premiered, Whisper of the Beast has my vote all the way. But if the category is meant to be for the first video the creator made, it shouldn't even be considered for the category. But it sounds to me like the category is about the first video premiered, especially since AD said that obvious inconsistensies in categories were filtered out, and Whisper of the Beast was not filtered out...

So does this make ScorpionsUltd an eligible Rookie of the Year, too?
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:00 pm

silver_moon wrote: So does this make ScorpionsUltd an eligible Rookie of the Year, too?
It should, especially since it's an award for individuals rather than collaborations.

Anyways, from my last exchange with Alex at AKROSS, he says that if they win, they will forefeit any prize to the 2nd place, if such is possible.

Their view, understandably, is that the category definitions should have been clearer; and that the voters should've been more careful in nominating. (though, then again, we come to the issue that the vast majority of the voters never read the forums, let alone try to figure out where a vid came from).

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”