Best Dance Video

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:26 am

Check the top. It says:
You may nominate up to five videos for each category as you believe deserve nomination.
ImageImage

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:34 am

angelx03 wrote:Check the top. It says:
You may nominate up to five videos for each category as you believe deserve nomination.
+

Ooops, didn't see that part. :shock:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:58 am

Dough! It seems that if you nominate more than 5, it only keeps the first 5 on the list (alphabetically, I mean)...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

hanyou21
Org Profile

Post by hanyou21 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:21 am

Scintilla wrote:Dough! It seems that if you nominate more than 5, it only keeps the first 5 on the list (alphabetically, I mean)...
...dammit...and I had a friggin big list of Dance vids on there too...

Okay, next year, they should make it more noticeable, like THIS

Then, np...
On the seventh day, God rested...and watched anime. And it was good.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:20 pm

hanyou21 wrote: The Children Project
dokool (Dan Orlowitz) <<< my 3 picks for best dance vid

I wish either Fire by Steakslim or Overdrive from JCD were up for noms...too bad, they're really my favorite. That, or have the entire Animix project up for nominations - I mean sweet mutha, IT'S 60 MINUTES OF PURE ANIME TECHNO DANCE GOODNESS PPL! Hello dance king...

Go Delirium!
Fire was done in 2003. The entire Animix project will be up for a special category when the finalists are announced, AFAIK.

In terms of The Children Project being nominated (in multiple categories!), I plan on making an official statement soon. While I thank you for your sentiment, please remember, IT WASN'T JUST ME! There were 17 other editors who made amazing contributions and I can't state this enough.

-DOKool

hanyou21
Org Profile

Post by hanyou21 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:47 pm

dokool wrote:
hanyou21 wrote: The Children Project
dokool (Dan Orlowitz) <<< my 3 picks for best dance vid

I wish either Fire by Steakslim or Overdrive from JCD were up for noms...too bad, they're really my favorite. That, or have the entire Animix project up for nominations - I mean sweet mutha, IT'S 60 MINUTES OF PURE ANIME TECHNO DANCE GOODNESS PPL! Hello dance king...

Go Delirium!
Fire was done in 2003. The entire Animix project will be up for a special category when the finalists are announced, AFAIK.

In terms of The Children Project being nominated (in multiple categories!), I plan on making an official statement soon. While I thank you for your sentiment, please remember, IT WASN'T JUST ME! There were 17 other editors who made amazing contributions and I can't state this enough.

-DOKool
Believe me, I realize that - multi-editor projects are abundant these days, i.e. Children Project, Animix, the multiple DDR Mixes, and many more...the only reason your name happened to appear next to the title was just cuz I copied and pasted it from the list of dance vid candidates. Maybe next time create an account on a-m-v.org for solely the children project, kinda like what project 5555 did? Idk, just a thought.

What's this about an announcement? :lol: And what's this about AFAIK, this is my first VCA and idk much about special votes n stuff.
On the seventh day, God rested...and watched anime. And it was good.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:50 pm

I think one should keep in mind the fact that most of the categories are for nominating videos, not their creators. Nothing wrong with a collaborative video winning an award for 'Best [whatever] Video'...

And I'd be very surprised if someone who actually watched the Children Project didn't see the credits and didn't realize it was a multi-editor deal.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:39 am

Otohiko wrote:And I'd be very surprised if someone who actually watched the Children Project didn't see the credits and didn't realize it was a multi-editor deal.
I'm aware of this, but it still irks me. I know there was a suggestion that 'et. al' be added for videos with more than X number of editors in them, hopefully that gets implimented soon.

I suppose it's my fault for not making a special 'Org account, but unlike Animix or Interstella 555 I didn't think it was necessary for a single video.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:18 am

dokool wrote:I know there was a suggestion that 'et. al' be added for videos with more than X number of editors in them, hopefully that gets implimented soon.
But hopefully it gets spelled as "et al." if/when it does. :P
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:20 pm

or eats kids :twisted:

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”