Remember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Remember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:33 am

Some of you may remember this post from last year :)

I wish everyone the best of luck for this year's competition, I'm sure some very good videos and creators will get nominations. I'm certainly hoping some of my favourites get recognised.

However, there's a couple of things I'd like to remind people (having witnessed the blood and tears of years past)...

1) Promote your own videos but dont go saying other people's videos are inferior to your own in the same breath. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about other people's work but blowing your own trumpet whilst insulting someone else will just make you look like an egotistic fool.

2) If you haven't got anything nice to say... This forum is for promotions. Posting videos you didn't like isn't going to please anyone, so don't bother. Everyone can say what their faves are but nobody wants to hear which videos you didn't like. They don't care and it's not going to change anyone's mind about their own faves. Posting videos you like will, however, give people the chance to remember videos or watch ones that they haven't actually seen to see if they agree.

3) Don't criticise anyone for their own opinion. Everyone is entitled to it and everyone has different taste.

4) Don't judge anyone's videos by their personality. Just like you should never judge a book by it's cover you should never judge a video on the fact that the creator begins with SSJ or has only joined a few months ago.

5) Don't take it personally if someone doesn't mention you. It's not the end of the world - everyone has videos that go unappreciated, it's a fact of life so deal.

6) Don't criticise someone because of their success. It makes you look like a jealous idiot and it's not fair on the creator. They never asked and begged and paid people money to vote for them - everyone votes with their own freedom of choice. The results are based on that, not on any person's ill doings or behaviour.

7) Don't insult the contest if you aren't happy with the results. There's nothing more embarrasing for a creator than to have fairly received an award only to then hear everyone bitch about how dreadful the contest was and how the winners were awful. I remember AX2002... it wasn't pretty. When the voting is over the winners are undesputable and deserve congratulations for being the most popular in their category.

I think that's all. These aren't official rules or anything but I think they will stop a lot of arguments that I've seen happen in the past. Everyone play nice and we'll see some great videos get awards. There's always people who lose out but that's the way it goes.

Have fun!

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Re: Remember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:37 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote: 4) Don't judge anyone's videos by their personality. Just like you should never judge a book by it's cover you should never judge a video on the fact that the creator begins with SSJ or has only joined a few months ago.
This one always gets me :P.
SSJvegita0609 is a great editor to prove the point.
"hey... no"

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Re: Remember people... play nice, it's only a contest.

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:53 pm

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:
AbsoluteDestiny wrote: 4) Don't judge anyone's videos by their personality. Just like you should never judge a book by it's cover you should never judge a video on the fact that the creator begins with SSJ or has only joined a few months ago.
This one always gets me :P.
SSJvegita0609 is a great editor to prove the point.
Funny I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw that.... In fact I want to nominate a vid of his....
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:21 am

Yeah svege's Judeau vid pawns yo!
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:13 am

:)

But you know, I'm not the only decent editor with a dbz name...
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:28 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote::)

But you know, I'm not the only decent editor with a dbz name...
thats true, theres also Brolly... who did that chobits side character romance video I liked "Been Alone"
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:39 am

*salute* ssj
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:13 am

OmniStrata wrote:*salute* ssj
:shock:
For one day we should all change out names to Ssj.

SsjOmnistrata :lol:
"hey... no"

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:24 am

Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:For one day we should all change out names to Ssj.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:30 am

dokidoki wrote:
Voices_Of_Ryan wrote:For one day we should all change out names to Ssj.
The bounds of which I love that monkey know no limits.
"hey... no"

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”