Org Profile

Post by lilyakka » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:42 pm

<b>Lil' Yakka Productions</b>

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:02 pm

Lastochka Studio wrote:
JCD wrote:Just for a bit understanding considering Whisper of the Beast:
Warheart wrote:Well, I´m german and it´s more drama video than everything else ... Action ? nah not really ...
I second that, it has a story, it's about a relationship and betrayal.

Beside that, I think the synch is actually this video's weakest point. Nominating it for best action is kinda ridiculous in my point of view.

hmm, completely disagree. I think it's the biggest advantage that besides having just bloody action it has a very deep well developed scenario and story. And synch is perfect there. You should understand the difference between making an excellent solid video and just making sync with audio beats and video kicks. Besides, is it bad that it's action AND drama?
I think you misunderstood him. He wasn't saying that having great action and a story is bad. In fact, the general consensus is that that's much BETTER. However, what I think he was saying, and this is something I agree with, is that the synching in Whispers of the Beast isn't THAT good (not saying it was bad). In short, the point he was trying to make is that the story/artistic elements are what make it a good video, not the sync.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:55 pm

SSJVegita0609 wrote:I think you misunderstood him. He wasn't saying that having great action and a story is bad. In fact, the general consensus is that that's much BETTER. However, what I think he was saying, and this is something I agree with, is that the synching in Whispers of the Beast isn't THAT good (not saying it was bad). In short, the point he was trying to make is that the story/artistic elements are what make it a good video, not the sync.
Yep, something like that.
Though the action-synch in this video is above average and to be considered as very good, it has some flaws (to be particular, for example around 3:00) which other action videos this year didn't have ;)

Of couse there's a matter of opinion there wether to nominate it for action or not and I personally don't like to nominate something which has a stronger drama point in action :)

Endless Pride
Org Profile

Post by Endless Pride » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:50 pm

Hey everyone :)

I hate to self pimp here but I think my DBZ tribute video deserves a second look....its the first last and only DBZ vid I will ever do and it has been quite popular.....I hope at least to make it to the second round so some of my hard work can be credited.....

Please take a look at it....you might be surprised....although its a little outdated compared to what will be coming.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=39254

:roll: I hope you like it

[MOD22: Solid Water's post has been split here to its own post. Please don't spam the categories with duplicate posts.]

JiinnX
Org Profile

Post by JiinnX » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:32 am

Later!

ashitaka_ja
Org Profile

Post by ashitaka_ja » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:50 pm

I don't mean any disrespect to any of the AMV creators who have had their videos make it to the semi-final round. Not being a creator myself but knowing several who do, I know it takes a lot of time, planning, creativity and effort to make a good AMV, and as one who really enjoys watching the wonderfully entertaining works you folks put together, I say thank you, one and all.

That said, is it just me, or is this years crop of Action AMVs one the weak side? I remember last years finalists and to be honest I don't think any of this years semi-finalists could hold a candle to the 5 finalists from last year. So many of this years action SFs use lots of special effects and quick cuts to try and create a feeling of fast paced action but for me, it doesn't come close to what a real action AMV should be. I have found 4 AMVs that I have nominated for the finals already, and each is good in its own right. I just think that overall, the quality of the action AMVs does not match what we had to choose from last year.

Do you agree or disagree?

DrngdKreationz
Org Profile

Post by DrngdKreationz » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:58 pm

I Disagree.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:00 pm

I agree
<_<
>_>
...waits to be shot by the impending masses that disagree?
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:12 pm

*shoots DW*

I also agree...

hay how many chances will you get to shoot dw
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:36 pm

ashitaka_ja wrote:
I remember last years finalists and to be honest I don't think any of this years semi-finalists could hold a candle to the 5 finalists from last year.
That's big overexaggeration, but I agree that this year there weren't exceptional steady adrenaline packed vids. I haven't nominated anyone for this category so far.
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”