Video of the Year

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:28 pm

angelx03 wrote:You can try getting the videos here. The downloads are a little bit faster there.
Oh, thanks.
I had difficulties browsing through the Akross site before finding the good videos. Language barriers, oh well :roll:

Lastochka Studio
Org Profile

Post by Lastochka Studio » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:38 pm

I think I posted a link to that page yesterday. Anyways, I'll try to solve some language barriers. :) Here's video name and the nomination it got:
1) IMAGE - 79D37'fallout'
1st video of competition
Best technical presentation

highly recommended to watch for everyone

2) TRAUER - Pokich
2nd video of competition
Best drama
Best story

beautiful video. Highly recommended. It's important to mention that the name of the song (in german) is "Without you" and the name of the video is "Sadness, sorrow"

3) WHISPER OF THE BEAST - Scorpions Ultd
3rd video of competition
Best action

masterpiece. If you read author's forum posts (at AKROSS) you will sit with your eyes wide open and your tongue falling out. lol Not only it took him 7 months of constant planning, designing and work, there is such a deep deep story in it. Every single move in the video has meaning. I mean every single one. Video also is very strongly linked to lyrics (which are in german by the way, he had to translate it). He should post in in his account as it's essential to understanding the whole complexity of the world created. Anyways, I was reading his posts whole night yesterday and only then realized what a piece of art his video is. It is definately the most completed developed complex work I've ever seen.

4) LES TRISTESSES MERTRIERES - Tayo
AKROSS award
Unbelievable, but another finalist made a video on the same story arc - Naruto-Haku-Sasuke. But it's absolutely different video. It gives you different view on a story and is more sentimental. Very very remarkable!! It's pick is at 2:37. Wow :shock:

5) ANOTHER HALF - NetTropp
Best concept
Best design of special effects

breathtaking effects. I think this video will open a new stage at special effect design and editing. Different kind of FX than in Euphoria, more custom designed effects. I mean it will blow you mind away.

6) FALLEN WAR - ukms[z]
Best presentation
huge spoilers for Windaria. Original video footage quality is pretty low so it make turn some people off

7) WONDERFUL CLIP - bkt
Audience choice
don't download it unless you understand Russian and/or saw old Russian classic movies. The video is a joke and parody and you may not understand a thing. Though it's an eyecandy.

8) ЛЮБОВЬ ПОД САКУРОЙ! - Хитоми и её девочки
Best comedy
don't download unless you saw O-zone - Dragostea din tei MTV video because you will loose most of the jokes. The video is navative and very funny, but visuals and especially sync need a lot more work in my opinion.

The rest are just finalists.
I'd highly recommend to download БЕСКОНЕЧНАЯ ДОРОГА - Рэтти .
it's closely connected to lyrics so if you're interested I could give you a brief translation.

too bad not all of them have accounts on a-m-v.org

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:23 pm

...and still noone in the Russian AMV community gets to me like SergeeWITCH. :wink:

THRUE POPSA FOREVER!

Anyone looking for some pointers at AKROSS translation-wise can also approach me.

Meanwhile, I realized that unless someone uber-impresses me at the last moment, I don't know if I'll want to make any nominations in this category.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

kalveth
Org Profile

Post by kalveth » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:21 pm

I second or third or whichever, Shounen Bushido by istiv, though I must say that eva bebop was pretty funny and I liked war of wrath was good as well
Testudo, Form!

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:59 am

CaTaClYsM wrote:Minimum = the best
:love:
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:59 am

Lastochka Studio wrote:1) IMAGE - 79D37'fallout'
1st video of competition
Best technical presentation

highly recommended to watch for everyone
I completly agree with you there,...
Lastochka Studio wrote:2) TRAUER - Pokich
2nd video of competition
Best drama
Best story

beautiful video. Highly recommended. It's important to mention that the name of the song (in german) is "Without you" and the name of the video is "Sadness, sorrow"
Pokich is registered on this page ? I searched for him (and the amv) but he was nowhere to be found.

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:41 am

Otohiko wrote:Meanwhile, I realized that unless someone uber-impresses me at the last moment, I don't know if I'll want to make any nominations in this category.
I agree with you there. Last year it was pretty obvious who was going to win but this year it's a bit of a toss up and it's hard to know how to vote.

Somehow it seems inapropriate (as well as futile) to nominate an excelent but lesser known video. Sometimes I think of this category as "most popular" or "Largest impact on AMV comunity" and nominate some of the best videos that fall into those categories.

That or just go down the list nominating all the truely excelent videos and worry about the voting when I get there. :D

Pyle
Org Profile

Post by Pyle » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:18 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=30062

^ Dedicated to MIR Station.

I'm sad that nobody notices it much, it's such a wonderful video :(

Whisper of the Beast is my second nom. Go DTMS!

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:24 am

Also a Video of the Year Contender:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50331

It just won Best of Show place at Ushicon's 1st AMV contest. You won't go wrong by voting for it 8-)

/end self pimp

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:32 am

*Prays that Silence will win*

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”