1st video of competition
Best technical presentation

highly recommended to watch for everyone
I completly agree with you there,...
Lastochka Studio wrote:2) TRAUER - Pokich
2nd video of competition
Best drama
Best story

beautiful video. Highly recommended. It's important to mention that the name of the song (in german) is "Without you" and the name of the video is "Sadness, sorrow"
Pokich is registered on this page ? I searched for him (and the amv) but he was nowhere to be found.

pen-pen2002
Location: Grinnell, IA Procrastination Meter: Code Lemon-Lime
Org Profile

Post by pen-pen2002 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:41 am

Otohiko wrote:Meanwhile, I realized that unless someone uber-impresses me at the last moment, I don't know if I'll want to make any nominations in this category.
I agree with you there. Last year it was pretty obvious who was going to win but this year it's a bit of a toss up and it's hard to know how to vote.

Somehow it seems inapropriate (as well as futile) to nominate an excelent but lesser known video. Sometimes I think of this category as "most popular" or "Largest impact on AMV comunity" and nominate some of the best videos that fall into those categories.

That or just go down the list nominating all the truely excelent videos and worry about the voting when I get there. :D

Pyle
Org Profile

Post by Pyle » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:18 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... d_id=30062

^ Dedicated to MIR Station.

I'm sad that nobody notices it much, it's such a wonderful video :(

Whisper of the Beast is my second nom. Go DTMS!

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:24 am

Also a Video of the Year Contender:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50331

It just won Best of Show place at Ushicon's 1st AMV contest. You won't go wrong by voting for it 8-)

/end self pimp

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:32 am

*Prays that Silence will win*

Lostboy
Org Profile

Post by Lostboy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:15 pm

Janzki wrote:Argh. Lostboy's Nemutai Yatsura isn't eligible for nominations. It was video of the year for me. :x
I'm sorry. :) I'm happy to hear you liked it! But I'm just not all that into the contests. I send videos to contests at conventions so they'll get audiences and people will share them and enjoy them. But here, well, they're already being seen, shared, and enjoyed, so I don't feel the need to compete here. Plus, I'm just lazy and haven't got around to checking my list and making sure it's complete. I think one or two might be missing form my list. Not sure.

Anyway, thanks!

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:47 pm

OH!!! You have to know GERMAN to enjoy Scorpians vid! I was wondering why it was so popular!

Don't get me wrong, but I just reviewed Images and called it a DBZ/ Linkin Park type vid... I just don't like action vids ESPECIALLY when they have prerequisits to knowing the story! I mean, isn't that asking too much of the audience?? I don't just like fun vids but some dramatic vids take nothing but basic undertones so anybody can understand them, otherwise half (AT LEAST) of your audience will probly miss the point. I've, however, yet to find an action (non-fun) vid I liked :cry: *mean shrug not cry but...*

kingmob_867
Org Profile

Post by kingmob_867 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:15 pm

IcyCloud wrote:Being a sucker for the fun videos, I'm gonna have to go with Do It Right (Shake It!).
X2
"Suicide carried off many. Drink, and the devil, took care of the rest."

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:17 pm

kingmob_867 wrote:
IcyCloud wrote:Being a sucker for the fun videos, I'm gonna have to go with Do It Right (Shake It!).
X2
Except you can't :(
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:30 pm

Knowname wrote:OH!!! You have to know GERMAN to enjoy Scorpians vid! I was wondering why it was so popular!
you do? o.O thats new to me...

Pwolf

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”