Sum 41 MEP (All Tracks Filled)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Re: Sum 41 MEP (2 Tracks Available)

Post by Enigma » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:09 pm

I'll chose an anime in a week or two :) , I'll make a track fer sure.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:08 pm

ExSphere wrote:And please get rid of that oval effect.
No.
ExSphere wrote:keyframing the opacity of the scenes in the background from 90 to 100 to 90 repeat.
I lol'd, not only is that basic but its boring. The FX fits the lyric and it's synced well. It may not look perfect but its better then flashing a difference of 10% opacity.

Seriously, I think I'm done getting feedback. I'll leave you guys to flaunt over your stuffz as well.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:51 pm

I wasn't talking about the oval effect, I think it's meh, but whatever, I've seen worse. I was talking about how you changed the color of the clips inside the oval even more. And we're very critical of our friends, if anything more so. Don't think we're givin' you shit for no reason.

Kaream
Org Profile

Post by Kaream » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:41 pm

I wanna join but im 3 meps already and i have to finish off those first.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Eva-fan, are you going to actually be constructive or are you going to continue being a snarky bitch because you don't like DZ people?
Last edited by dreamawake on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:04 pm

well there is some grainyness, but eh

NightHawk
Org Profile

Post by NightHawk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:11 pm

Let's stop fighting guys. These tracks are looking really good. Each part has its own style and I like how we're all improving things based on each others comments. This is a great thing but let's keep the snide remarks and fighting to a minimum if we can, shall we? =]

General comments first, and then I'll go into each new beta.

First, the comment about Eva's track and the oval thing. I think it's an original idea and have liked it since he first showed it to me. For the scene(s) in ExSphere's beta where the quality looks bad compared to the others, I'm not looking for quality of image at the moment since these are just betas. Though we could go back and forth about quality should be considered first or that he labeled it a final, I don't necessarily care unless the problems aren't fixed when I receive the actual uncompressed final.

@ExSphere - I like the changes, especially the one scene I mentioned to you in the PM. Eva picked up on some really good points with the ghost frames (I call them scene bleeds usually)...I'm usually good at catching those but missed the ones he pointed out. There are a couple more scenes I think timing could be better. 0:45 - The robot scene fades in a little too late so it seems off-beat. 1:01 - The scene is held a little too long on his face, making the next scene's fade look off. Everything else looks pretty spot on.

@Silk - What I see so far is awesome. The very second scene (the red one) I think should come in on the 'Hey!' rather than before it. And maybe the part on :11 you could have the door burst on one of the snare hits. Other than that I can't complain. I really want to see what you do with the rest of this.

@Eva - I really like the changes you made in the beginning. I didn't have a problem with the ending part of your previous betas but I'm interested in seeing what changes you make there. The part with the eyes on :07-0:08...not sure what to say here, but something doesn't seem right. Maybe if you try shaking the first scene a little more before you go into the zoom on the second or something it might look better. <_< >_> <_< Then again, it might just be me, but I don't know.

:14-:19, I can see what Silk is saying in it being a little slow here, but I think the scenes really match the lyrics, so I don't have a problem with this part. You did speed it up towards the end from the way it was before and I like the change. If you could do anything else to speed it up just a little bit more, then great. I never thought about it before, but the transition into the oval part might be a little sudden. If there's any way you might be able to transition that smoother, that'd be awesome. For both suggestions/ideas, if you don't agree with either, I would be fine with the way these parts are now.

On the oval part itself, I'm not sure if I quite agree with the amount of effects you put on the scenes inside of the oval. I never actually had a problem with how it was before, either, but I do like the black and white effects on the outside of the oval. With that said, the way that part looked both before and now look good in their own way. Maybe make the oval shape more into the shape of an eye? Just an idea.

I may have missed a few things, but I should get back to them sooner or later when I remember. lol

Good work so far guys. :up:

@Enigma - I'd love to see a beta. Show me what you can do.

@SupaKaream - If you have nothing to add stay out of the thread. I've seen like 5 posts from you and they're all utterly pointless.
ImageImage
ImageImage

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:24 am

Arashinome wrote:Eva-fan, are you going to actually be constructive or are you going to continue being a snarky bitch because you don't like DZ people?
Actually I had been drinking yesterday and got tipsy, I'm an angry drunk but if I posted all that while I was tipsy then it's probably more or less the truth cause that's just how I am when I drink.

I already offered to help him with his video quality and I did offer suggestions as to a few of the things he could do, I apologize for the comment against his suggestion and the (connect the dots comment lol I'm a dumbass when I drink) but I honestly don't see that working with the way the bass and cymbols are hit in the beat. I'll try to blend the original colors of the oval with the new black FX or just keep the outer part of the oval black.

you say your critical about each others betas but I don't see anything other then "solid work" while I agree it's good your not even pointing out obvious errors. I'm guessing your telling them off thread though but that's kind of unfair to the people your blaintently posting errors on the thread. I have no idea why were posting them on the thread, it should of been on PM's in the first place.

Like I said I apologize. Crown Royal+coke > me.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:01 am

I've pointed out flaws with Joey's and jeff's tracks on skype or whatever, just because you don't see them doesn't mean it doesn't get done. We all have good eyes for detail and we're not gonna let people release shit work, just not how it goes.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:35 am

Pm is a pain. Critiquing here in the thread is much more convenient because it promotes discussion. And Eva-fan, the oval thing was maybe a minor annoyance before but nothing to complain about. Now it's just obnoxious. Either tone it back down or get rid of it altogether. Don't feel strongly about it just because you worked hard on it (maybe).

Incidentally, I've updated my beta on the server. It's at 48 seconds now. I know one or two parts still need work but, as always, point out anything you think to bring up. I took people's advice on the intro and I hope it's much better now. NH, not sure what you were talking about with the door thing though.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”