AMV Telephone Project (completed)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:51 pm

What, this isn't one of those word puzzles where the word is represented by a series of pictures, is it? Erg, what are those called?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:09 am

It's the 'emo scale record and call me' project?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:31 am

Alright, a couple of big items of news.

1) Jasper has completed a solid cleanup of several tracks which had quality issues. Looking good - she's done a great job even when the sources provided weren't that good!

2) Now, Jasper had also gone ahead to do credits.
I realize Godix had volunteered for it and put up a proposed design, but in light of Jasper's work on the between-track transitions - I thought stylistic consistency should take precedence. The good news is that now the entire project's 'packaging' (intro - transitions - credits), start to finish, will have a consistent visual theme.

3) I have completed a large part of the work on the intro. There is work with text required and some audio tracks need to be found and matched up to it. It will be done this weekend.

4) One outstanding issue:
I realize I promised to publish outtakes with the project.
Now, the problem is that we only have two that were submitted properly or qualify for the .org. Inthesto's track outtake, which was also submitted, has been deemed local-inappropriate by a mod and therefore can't be put into the project itself.
I DEFINITELY want godix's outtake in there. I am considering options on how to throw it in, but I believe it will be there for sure. Madbunny I will likely consult on this.

SO...

Thanks to Jasper's preparing most of the tracks for joining, that process will be very quick.

What is left is

-some text work and audio for the intro
-audio for the credits
-actual joining and compression of the project

The project is going to be released by Monday, January 15th
Total 'official' tracks: 18 (plus whatever extras and 'packaging')
Total expected running time: 22 minutes
It will be released as XviD-encoded AVI, 640x480 and will be on LOCAL server
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:03 am

Daily update:

1) Outtake issue is resolved. Godix's outtake getting upgraded in status to a "feature", madbunny's remaining outtake dropped.

2) Credits music located. Credits updated and are now considered basically final.

3) Intro now in beta stage. All audio for it has been located and subtitles placed. Should be basically ready for completion tomorrow.

4) Catalogue entry will be prepared tomorrow, upload requests filed. Collab confirmation requests may go out.

5) Segment-joining expected to take place by sunday.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:00 am

NEWSFLASH

At 3AM today, Otohiko became the first person to watch the Telephone Project in its entirety (with all the features present and in proper order)!

:D

(using a playlist with lossless track copies, final transitions, and beta credits/intro)

Tomorrow is the wrap-up day for all work on the project.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:11 am

Otohiko wrote:1) Outtake issue is resolved. Godix's outtake getting upgraded in status to a "feature", madbunny's remaining outtake dropped.
AMV telephone project featuring godix's track. And some stuff by other people. I like the sound of that. I should put it on my resume.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:13 am

Not-just-any-daily-update:

1) As of 00:09 today, the project is completed and joined into a single file. Only compression and distribution remains.

2) The video entry is prepared and only needs to have a description written up. Collaboration confirmations are up - check the member front page.

3) Release within 24 hours!

4) Profit?

:P

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:15 am

woooooot

:P

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:23 am

Otohiko wrote:Inthesto's track outtake, which was also submitted, has been deemed local-inappropriate by a mod and therefore can't be put into the project itself.
ImageImageImage
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:25 am

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”