Second Instrumentality: Around The World in 80 Minutes

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:27 am

thanks AD.

but... the Hawaii part is not on this map. interesting. is this list complete?
According to this map, the list should look like:

San Fransisco, California
New York New York
Bublin Ireland
London, England
Suez, Egypt
Bombay India
Calcutta, India
Singapore
Shanghai China
Yokohama Japan
Hong Kong

I do have the book around here somewhere, I suppose i could just go check the darn book if i can find it
:lol:
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:29 am

Yeah, I dont have a copy of the book so I cant check.

I don't remember Fogg in Hawaii but anyway.

I do have plenty of music suggestions for cities if people need them, though.

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:23 am

Hmm... Edo? Perhaps Samurai Champloo, but there are only two episodes out right now...

*Ponders*

-DOKool

rogueintellectproductions
Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:24 am

There is an eBook version of Around the World here. I scanned it and found an early mention of Phileas Fogg's planned route:

"These dates were inscribed in an itinerary divided into columns, indicating the month, the day of the month, and the day for the stipulated and actual arrivals at each principal point Paris, Brindisi, Suez, Bombay, Calcutta, Singapore, Hong Kong, Yokohama, San Francisco, New York, and London--from the 2nd of October to the 21st of December; and giving a space for setting down the gain made or the loss suffered on arrival at each locality. This methodical record thus contained an account of everything needed, and Mr. Fogg always knew whether he was behind-hand or in advance of his time. On this Friday, October 9th, he noted his arrival at Suez, and observed that he had as yet neither gained nor lost."

Of course, this route doesn't mention that Mr. Fogg and his attendant Passepartout started out in London. There are also some unscheduled stops along the way - Shanghai, Omaha and Dublin among them. Hawaii, unfortunately, does not make an appearance. The route, then, looks something like this (parenthetical locations are stops off the main route):

London
Paris
Brindisi, Italy
Suez, Egypt
Bombay
(Brahmain sacred ground in India)
Calcutta
Singapore
Hong Kong
(Shanghai)
Yokohama
San Fransisco
(Fort Kearney, NE)
New York
(Dublin)
(Liverpool)
London

I feel like Dave letterman doing a Top Ten list... :)
CPFuller
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

rose4emily
Org Profile

Post by rose4emily » Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:01 pm

Okay - now that I seem to have caused all this confusion:

We'll be going with the RogueIntellect version, unless new evidence surfaces that yet another location has been overlooked.

Sorry - I'm afraid I've only read one Jules Verne novel so far, and this wasn't it. That submarine captain was a pretty interesting guy, though.
may seeds of dreams fall from my hands -
and by yours be pressed into the ground.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:27 pm

well that clears up things. looks like i'm going to have to find a new slot to do ;p
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:17 pm

I'm still looking eastward, but lack of footage is killing me here :roll:

Let's hope that changes as we get closer to having the project underway.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:49 pm

If it's not called yet, I would like to do the Yokohama part of the project if possible. The anime would be The Hakkenden: Legend of the Dog Warriors. The song is going to be something done by the Japanese composer Mamoru Samuragoch (I haven't decided exactly musical piece to use; I will in a few days).

rose4emily
Org Profile

Post by rose4emily » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:04 am

Tsunami Jones: Ever heard of Kerrigan and The Legendary Frog?

If you don't see a post that called it, it hasn't been called. If you see a post that 'sort-of' called it, you should check with whoever made the post to see if they ever pulled together the rest of their idea and convince them to let go of it if they haven't. Just make sure respect and good manners aren't forgotten and all things will work out pretty smoothly.

Sorry about not being more involved with this one just yet, but I've had all I can do with scraping together enough leftover free time to wrap up my role in the first Instrumentality project. I still check from time to time to see what's going on, however, so I haven't really abandoned this one.
may seeds of dreams fall from my hands -
and by yours be pressed into the ground.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:54 pm

rose4emily wrote:Tsunami Jones: Ever heard of Kerrigan and The Legendary Frog?
. . . was it a brick? Or perhaps a Walrus in a tophat? No, it was something better than all of those things combined! It was a muffin!

I hope that answers that :wink:
rose4emily wrote:If you don't see a post that called it, it hasn't been called. If you see a post that 'sort-of' called it, you should check with whoever made the post to see if they ever pulled together the rest of their idea and convince them to let go of it if they haven't. Just make sure respect and good manners aren't forgotten and all things will work out pretty smoothly.

Sorry about not being more involved with this one just yet, but I've had all I can do with scraping together enough leftover free time to wrap up my role in the first Instrumentality project. I still check from time to time to see what's going on, however, so I haven't really abandoned this one.
Ah, ok. Sounds good. So anyways, I'm calling the Yokohama part, using The Hakkenden for source footage, and using the song Uga, composed by Mamoru Samuragoch, performed by the Rising Sun symphony.

And yes, I know you and everyone else is still working on wrapping up the firt instrumentality project, but I figure I might as well call a piece of this early, as I'm sure this project will fill up fast once that one ends.[/quote]

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”