(CLOSED) 2 MEP Projects at Once... You Pick

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
The -1
Org Profile

(CLOSED) 2 MEP Projects at Once... You Pick

Post by The -1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:06 pm

“Everyday We Edit… But Who Cares” (MEP) Application: There will be 7 positions open for an average 27-second section in the song.
Song: Everyday

“Make It POP!” (MEP) Application: There will be 8 positions open for an average 21-second section in the song.
Song: POPSTARS

To apply, you must fill out the fields below, and present either an a-m-v.org profile and/or a YouTube channel with videos you've already created in your response to this forum. I would first need to evaluate your skills in that aspect, but know that it is about quality, not quantity. Here are some of the settings I would like to keep the same across the board.

1) Resolutions: Minimum 1280 x 720p (I may have to make the whole project this resolution if not all editors are able to edit/distribute at 1920 x 1080p; at least without borders added)

2) Frame Rate: Minimum 23.976 FPS, Maximum 30 FPS*

3) Bumpers: half a second to 1 second for both beginning clip and end clip (try to minimize the effects, or preferably use no effects**)

4) No editor/studio logos within your submission to this MEP

5) A limit of 3-4 sources maximum per section (I want to minimize the repetition of "same-scene syndrome" as much as possible, but still look diverse overall)

Note: with so many Blu-Ray and HD download sources available, your minimum resolution should be 720p IF it is completely unavoidable; 1080p is the goal we should all strive for. If you're unable to reach a resolution of 1920 x 1080, then it must be mentioned what is restricting your submission from meeting this standard. I will do my best to assist you with this shortcoming, and hopefully other collaborators as well.

* Since we will be working with other editors that utilize special effects, whether it's a lot or a little, the most frames in a second help with making the most of your work. Even if you have to edit at a lower frame rate, ensure that your submission will still match up at 23.976 FPS for final submission, please. Majority of sources are set at 23.976 FPS, but this is negotiable and a simple workaround when we collaborate effectively.
** This is open to an interpretation, but it should be discussed in detail between collaborators so as not to hinder one another's progress.

Now, as for collaborating together, I have created a Discord server if live chat/communication is needed. My email is posted on my .ORG profile if you wish to reach me that way. Then there's also replying to this post and/or private messaging me.

The last rule of thumb: Try to make the most of this experience, and let's all try to work together and have some FREAKIN' FUN!

Applications will no longer be accepted after December 31, 2019

NAME: (Your real name or Alias)

STUDIO: (If you are not affiliated with any studio, you may leave it blank or put N/A)

a-m-v.org/YouTube Link: (You must provide either one or both in order to even be considered for collaboration)

AGE: (Although it shouldn't be discouraged, there are those of us that have certain occupations that may hinder progress from one another, please be flexible with and respectful of others)

PART REQUESTED: (Parts 9 & 10 will be completed by the editor and myself in order to add credits to the project in the end; I will need to ensure that you are available at least 1 or 2 days a week so that we may ensure credits are accurate or if they need updating)

SOURCE(S): (I would want to keep this as open as possible so as not to hinder other collaborators, but that can be discussed more as a group so that way we are not clashing with others' "artistic/technical" ideals; if you are uncertain of what sources you wish to use at this moment, then please write "UNDECIDED" for now)

CONTACT INFO: (You will need to provide at least an email and Discord username in order to keep lines of communication as open as possible; if you choose to provide a phone number, then please either disclose it in a separate email to secure your privacy; the first line of communication would most likely be through the Discord server I have created, the second would most likely be through either this forum, or a mass email notification)

Your application must be in the form of an email so that I may keep a record of all applicants that apply in one source. You will be contacted by myself within 7 days of your application submission. I have a job that is demanding of my time, so my weekends are usually available to me to check on these things when I have the time. Once you've been accepted, I will host 2 Discord conferences with all collaborators (if possible). If you think it will be an issue to attend either conference, you must let me know no sooner than the day prior to the conference, discuss a rescheduling of the 2nd conference with other collaborators, and KEEP the appointment. If you miss the 2nd conference, I will be forced to dismiss you from the project, and select the next candidate. The sooner the application request, the more likely you will be slotted for the part that you want.

There will be up to 3 alternates positions (depending on number of applicants) in place for this reason specifically. If you are an alternate, I would ask if you would be willing to assist me with managing the progress of this MEP. If you are willing to take up the "mantle", then you will be credited (where credit is due) on this MEP.

Please do not take any discouragement if you are not selected for either slot or alternates position. Your information will be kept for future requests if something should impede a collaborator's progress from meeting the deadline.

I will update these posts as regularly as I can when ever any information or submissions are added.

Thank You & Happy Editing,
Last edited by The -1 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The -1
Org Profile

Re: 2 MEP Projects at Once... You Pick

Post by The -1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:24 pm

“Everyday We Edit… But Who Cares” (MEP) -- Status as of 16 Aug 2019

Part 1: The -1 (+1 VACANT POSITION)
Part 2: (VACANT)
Part 3: (VACANT)
Part 4: (VACANT)
Part 5: (VACANT)
Part 6: (VACANT)
Part 7: (VACANT)
Part 8: (VACANT)
Part 9: The -1

The -1
Org Profile

Post by The -1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:25 pm

“Make It POP!” (MEP) -- Status as of 16 Aug 2019

Part 1: The -1 (+1 VACANT POSITION)
Part 2: (VACANT)
Part 3: (VACANT)
Part 4: (VACANT)
Part 5: (VACANT)
Part 6: (VACANT)
Part 7: (VACANT)
Part 8: (VACANT)
Part 9: (VACANT)
Part 10: The -1

The -1
Org Profile

Post by The -1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:16 pm

There are only two months left before the end of the deadline to pick a part you request to edit. Please contact me as soon as possible. I would like to begin project planning for these MEPs. Even if you are reading this, and not interested, or an editor, please share this post within your social circle if there are others that you know that may be interested in participating. Thank you.

The -1 ^___^

The -1
Org Profile

Post by The -1 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:23 am

It is a new year, and the start of a new decade. I have not received any responses or interests in either MEP, so I will close out this topic. Thank you to all who viewed this post. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

The -1

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”