The Disney MEP V: [Cancelled]

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.
User avatar
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby Kireblue » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:35 am

Really happy that you guys have already started uploading your betas and giving suggestions to each other :awesome: . Just letting everyone know that I personally won't have time to offer critique or suggestions on people videos until June (or in other words, after I MomoCon :sweat: ). But keep dem videos coming! At the very least, I'll make sure to watch them and update the status on the track claimed list

User avatar
TheDestineeAMV
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:27 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby TheDestineeAMV » Mon May 01, 2017 2:38 am

@moezy-chan Okay so that wasn't just me then? Yeah I'll admit I noticed that too, but for some reason, no matter how many times I tried, the quality for that particular scene would not improve so I thought that was the best it could do. A little confused as to how that could happen though, because I was told that ripping a DVD would give me the best quality... :? I guess I could try using another clip for that section of the amv. Thanks for the feedback tho :D

If I may also return the feedback: Your video was really cute too, and I love that song you used. I especially enjoy the movement flow between each scene. The only thing I can say right now as of watching the proof of concept you have is that there is a dramatic change in color. I don't know how to exactly explain it, but an example would be at about 12 seconds of your proof video, where it went from light blue sky to a dark red sunset in the blink of an eye which was slightly distracting to me. But it also could be me being a nitpick about it, since small details like that bother somewhat bother me when I am editing. Other than that, I love it, and I can't wait to see your full beta!

Also Erik, for my last claimed song, the song length goes on to about 3:28. I know you have a cap at 3:00, but when I cut the music and tried editing the AMV around that, the song length really bothers me for the concept I am trying to portray. Is it possible to have an exception or will you stick fast to the rules? If the rules cannot be changed whatsoever, then I completely understand and I will work with the song as is.

User avatar
moezy-chan
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:22 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby moezy-chan » Tue May 02, 2017 6:37 pm

TheDestineeAMV wrote:@moezy-chan Okay so that wasn't just me then? Yeah I'll admit I noticed that too, but for some reason, no matter how many times I tried, the quality for that particular scene would not improve so I thought that was the best it could do. A little confused as to how that could happen though, because I was told that ripping a DVD would give me the best quality... :? I guess I could try using another clip for that section of the amv. Thanks for the feedback tho :D


Yeah it's happened to me too at times when I render...I hate when it happens! But yeah if you can't fix it I'd recommend replacing the clip. And you're welcome!

TheDestineeAMV wrote:If I may also return the feedback: Your video was really cute too, and I love that song you used. I especially enjoy the movement flow between each scene. The only thing I can say right now as of watching the proof of concept you have is that there is a dramatic change in color. I don't know how to exactly explain it, but an example would be at about 12 seconds of your proof video, where it went from light blue sky to a dark red sunset in the blink of an eye which was slightly distracting to me. But it also could be me being a nitpick about it, since small details like that bother somewhat bother me when I am editing. Other than that, I love it, and I can't wait to see your full beta!


Thank you! I'm enjoying editing it so far. And just rewatched it. I can see what you mean. Didn't notice it the first time...I don't want to change that clip so I'll play around with either color corrector or black/white. I should be able to transition it so it's not as drastic. Thank you for your advice!

User avatar
moezy-chan
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:22 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby moezy-chan » Thu May 18, 2017 9:28 pm

3 weeks later...my amv is finished! Took longer than I thought it would. Doesn't help that I want to use the OVA but it doesn't come out til September so I have no choice but to go with the footage I have. I uploaded it as a beta so if anyone is going to criticize on quality please don't. When I render as a beta I cut the quality in half. Besides that please feel free to give any constructed criticism. I'm open to suggestions if you think my track could be better.

User avatar
moezy-chan
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:22 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby moezy-chan » Sat May 20, 2017 1:22 pm

Submitting another amv:

Anime: Koe no Katachi
Song: Someone's Waiting for You
Song Artist: Shelby Flint
Disney Film: The Rescuers
Editor: moezy-chan

User avatar
Darkseid
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:29 am
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby Darkseid » Sun May 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Anime: Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Song: The Black Hole OST: Main Title & Overture
Song Artist: John Barry
Disney Film: The Black Hole
Editor: "Darkseid" Darius Washington
Last edited by Darkseid on Mon May 22, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"

User avatar
TnAdct1
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:23 am
Location: Clinton, MD
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby TnAdct1 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:33 pm

Darkseid wrote:Anime: Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Song: The Black Hole OST Main Title
Song Artist: John Barry
Disney Film: The Black Hole
Editor: "Darkseid" Darius Washington


If there's one Disney film I wanted to use as an audio source for an AMV, it's this one (with me considering thinking that the track you chose could work for Magnetic Rose, although I've also consider using the overture to either the original Macross or Gundam). :up:

User avatar
°Vej°
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:16 am
Status: Waiting
Location: Italy
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby °Vej° » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi guys, hi Kire,
I've updated the proof of concept: some scenes may change until the final one (I really don't know if keep the 'candlestick tricks' part, initially I've edited the audio track without it), and it's still lacking of many parts but I'll slowly fill the missing ones.
I also have some concerns about the initial part (that is not from Shokugeki but from WWW.working) but if you think it could work I'll keep it.
As always, sorry if I've somewhat writed in a strange english :P
Image
If you can dream it you can do it an AMV

User avatar
moezy-chan
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:22 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby moezy-chan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Just uploaded my final. If anyone has any qualms I can still tweak it a bit so please let me know if you have any criticism.

°Vej° wrote:Hi guys, hi Kire,
I've updated the proof of concept: some scenes may change until the final one (I really don't know if keep the 'candlestick tricks' part, initially I've edited the audio track without it), and it's still lacking of many parts but I'll slowly fill the missing ones.
I also have some concerns about the initial part (that is not from Shokugeki but from http://WWW.working) but if you think it could work I'll keep it.
As always, sorry if I've somewhat writed in a strange english :P


A bit too soon for me to give criticism Vej since there's a lot of blanks in it, but I did really enjoy the chorus! Looking good so far and looking forward to seeing more added!

User avatar
Mkid
Im on the case
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:08 am
Status: No more mutants.
Location: A Farm in New York
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby Mkid » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:34 pm

I might have to resign the position due to technical difficulties with sony vegas. I upgraded to windows 10 and it appears the version i have isnt handling it well. Or tbh i dont know. it wont take anything longther than a couple minute episodes. which isnt very practical since most episodes are 22 mintues roughly. >_>
Image

User avatar
TnAdct1
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:23 am
Location: Clinton, MD
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby TnAdct1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:57 am

Mkid wrote:I might have to resign the position due to technical difficulties with sony vegas. I upgraded to windows 10 and it appears the version i have isnt handling it well. Or tbh i dont know. it wont take anything longther than a couple minute episodes. which isnt very practical since most episodes are 22 mintues roughly. >_>

Have you tried using a program like SolveigMM AVI Trimmer+MKV to trim down the footage that you want to use?

User avatar
hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:24 pm
Status: 10 year AMV Maker
Location: On A Magical Planet Called Earth~
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby hamstar138 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:59 pm

Finally back to editing!!

Scales and Arpeggios has a beta up. I kinda wanted to focus on the players as children though there isn't much footage. I know some more movement could be implemented. But I hope you all enjoy~ I'll be giving some beta tests on what i think of the other betas later this week.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
moezy-chan
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:22 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby moezy-chan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:19 pm

hamstar138 wrote:Finally back to editing!!

Scales and Arpeggios has a beta up. I kinda wanted to focus on the players as children though there isn't much footage. I know some more movement could be implemented. But I hope you all enjoy~ I'll be giving some beta tests on what i think of the other betas later this week.


That was my main criticism with this. While the amv fit lyric matching it was slow in some parts. Either incorporate more movement in some of the areas or add more clips, which I know is probably more difficult...still see about speeding up the pacing in the amv and it'll be perfect! On a positive note your timing is spot on.

User avatar
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby Kireblue » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Darkseid wrote:Anime: Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Song: The Black Hole OST: Main Title & Overture
Song Artist: John Barry
Disney Film: The Black Hole
Editor: "Darkseid" Darius Washington


moezy-chan wrote:Submitting another amv:

Anime: Koe no Katachi
Song: Someone's Waiting for You
Song Artist: Shelby Flint
Disney Film: The Rescuers
Editor: moezy-chan

added :up:

User avatar
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Postby Kireblue » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Also, here is a PSA to everyone. I may have been slightly out of my mind when I set the proof of concept deadline for June 12th. With MomoCon being at the end of May, that deadline was literally impossible for me. Up until about a hour ago, I had actually thought I set it for the end of the month, and burst out laughing when I realized what I did. I literally just started my first track today :rofl: .

So with that in mind, I'm pushing back all the deadlines by exactly 1 month. There are a number of people that contacted me about not being able to make that date anyway. I also changed the possible premiere from Otakon to AWA since it fits in a lot better with our new timeline, and probably has more flexibility in terms of squeezing it into the con schedule.


Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest