The Disney MEP V: [Cancelled]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
°Vej°
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP V: The Magic Returns!

Post by °Vej° » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:17 pm

kireblue wrote:Hey everybody. Here are the notes from the discord call a few weeks ago. Sorry for taking so long to post them

Be Our Guest (Vej) (beta)
Audio cut needs to be improved or removed
audio needs higher quality soundtrack/ non movie version
needs a stronger focus on people being a guest and the character lumier established
concept works but needs to be stronger
Roger that! :up: I'll swap to the non movie version and try with another cut,
hope to be able to do a better work on the concept too
If you can dream it you can do it an AMV

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:13 pm

°Vej° wrote:
kireblue wrote:Hey everybody. Here are the notes from the discord call a few weeks ago. Sorry for taking so long to post them

needs a stronger focus on people being a guest and the character lumier established
Personally, I don't think that the song has a lot of good places to cut at, and so I'd recommend using the full thing. Since the song is so recognizable and it's been used in past Disney MEPs, even a minor cut will stand out.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:56 am

kireblue wrote:
°Vej° wrote:Roger that! :up: I'll swap to the non movie version and try with another cut,
Personally, I don't think that the song has a lot of good places to cut at, and so I'd recommend using the full thing. Since the song is so recognizable and it's been used in past Disney MEPs, even a minor cut will stand out.
Challenge accepted?

°Vej°
Org Profile

Post by °Vej° » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:21 am

kireblue wrote:
°Vej° wrote:

Yeah, it's as you say, it doesn't have a single good place to cut at :( But I don't think I can use the whooole song :sweat: Especially the part with Mrs. Bric (I'll get warm, piping hot / Heaven's sakes! Is that a spot? Oh well, this could work with certain scenes from Food Wars, but... :uhoh: )
I've already swapped version, and even in the non movie it's still recognizable, I'll update another beta so you can listen and see at least if the intro works better now, since I've done some other changes!

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:47 pm

So I have barely been able to touch my track and don't have anywhere near a full beta today. I do still intend on finishing my track but if this causes any concern for being included in the MEP then let me know, fair is fair.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:44 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:So I have barely been able to touch my track and don't have anywhere near a full beta today. I do still intend on finishing my track but if this causes any concern for being included in the MEP then let me know, fair is fair.
I posted that I was gonna do a extension a few pages back, but it got lost in all the messages, and I forgot to update the first page. Sorry about that! But yeah, it seems that a lot of people involved in the MEP are busy right now and have other commitments. And so I'm being really flexible with all the deadlines in order to give everyone time to work on their videos (myself included). So the new beta deadline is now officially October 17. I know that a lot pf people are prioritizing AWA's deadlines right now, so that should allow everyone to do both :awesome:

°Vej°
Org Profile

Post by °Vej° » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:20 pm

@Kire
Since the deadline has been postponed again I started wondering if I could manage to do another track with Aloha e Komo Mai from Lilo & Stitch with Pokèmon Sun& Moon, but I can't guarantee anything for now since I still have to see the anime :uhoh:
It is a problem if there are 2 pokemon tracks? If no, I'll try with this one too :book:

Also, the FW beta with the new intro is up, in which I tried to focus more on the guest thing, it is better like this or how it was before?
The audio cut is still there, again: better or worse?
For the lumiere character: I misinterpreted the phrase at first glance and I have understood only now what I was supposed to do, sorry :sweat: I'll try to correct this too.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:34 pm

kireblue wrote:So the new beta deadline is now officially October 17.

I thought August was the moved deadline :uhoh:

Haus Haberdasher
Org Profile

Post by Haus Haberdasher » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Sorry I haven't been active. I had unexpected surgery recently and have been recovering. I'm back to working on my beta though.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:52 am

I'm starting to make some progress and I think I should have a decently sized beta by the end of the week.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”