CascadaThon 3-FINISHED!!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Kousaka
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 3-COMPILING!

Post by Kousaka » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:51 pm

When I tried to download it, it told me I have "insufficient permissions." o.o

Well anyway, I only came here to tell everyone that the hurricane (Isaac) traveled from Florida over to Louisiana and is probably going to knock my electricity out for a week so hopefully, I won't be needed for anything else in regards to the MEP since it's probably coming to my area tonight or early tomorrow.
- used to be iCardioidAMV/Cardioid (decided to hang it up and start anew)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:54 pm

right click and save target as. Also try renaming it if that doesn't work.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:35 pm

I browsed through it quickly, so Ill have to give a more detailed opinion later, but I noticed that both of my tracks look pretty jittery like there are dropped frames...did I give you the wrong framerate, or did it convert weird? [Actually, I thought I noticed this with my Disney track too but I thought I was seeing things :uhoh: ].

Code's HTOD and Ally's tracks look really good though :up:

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:56 pm

downloading now. Just got home. will put my thoughts as soon as I watch. :awesome:
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Overall, looks pretty good. =3

The only thing that kinda bugged me was I think Ally's track and the one that used the vampire one had the same dance scenes in them.... :uhoh:

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Alright. First off, good job on the compilation Code.

Now, my track seems to stutter a lot. Like when the scene flashes to show Kirito laying on the grass in both instances both before and during the AKB parts, it doesnt flash the scene correctly. And it seems to be a little mistimed during the opening Credits portion. I also don't think that the AAC World premiere bit needs to fayde out. I think you can just hard cut that. Let it hardcut to the beginning of my track. I think it would look better.

I also think that the transition from Hagaren's Yugioh track could be better. Like when the sky goes normal, perhaps a mask or somethign would be better. Hagarens Yugi track seemed to stutter a bit as well. That fade kills it for me.

The chaos;Head track: At the end of it, on the right side, it seems a lot of the girls face was cut off during the crate and character flashing right before it transitions.

The transition from the Evacuate track is good. However, when the rainbow colors reveal black I was left kinda missing something. Perhaps when the rainbows fayde out to the blue excorsist track, instead of seening all the black then a fayde in, perhaps when the rainbows fade out, it could transition into the chaacter standing there then bending over saying "AND NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMAN". I think it would look better than a fade in from black.

I think a masked transition would look best going from HOTD into the yugioh track. Mask out the girl. Meaning, mask the part she is twirling around, and have her fade out while the yugioh track rolls in the background. It would look a million times better. I don't like that fade transition.

The transition from Symphonia could be better. Don't know exactly how, but anything would look better than the white flash transition.

The ending of the MEP needs to be strong. So when he Yells SHAKALAKA BOOM! I think a flashout would be most appropriate here.

As for the credits. I like them. My only beef with them is all the black everywhere. Perhaps an awesome image for the background so the credits aren't rolling on just a black screen. And when the credits start rolling, perhaps there should be CascadaThon 3: Handz Up Style! At the top before you the credits start rolling. And the title would roll up as the credits start coming up. Also, can we get a dancing Gir in the corner somewhere? :awesome: I think that would add a little motion and would be cute. Like, he is dancing on the bottom corner. Like Yue's Gir gif. Just an afterthought though. Think it would add some lightheartedness to it. Up to you though.

While the videos are cool moving next to the names. Perhaps it would look better for a masked out character fomr that persons track standing next to there names where the videos are. Again, just another afterthought. Don't have to though.

Anyway, these are my griefs. Hope this was helpful. Fix the issues I mentioned and I think we will be golden.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:42 pm

Alright, finally going through and watching... Sorry for this, Code :uhoh:

Ally, all your blood sweat and STRESS was worth it, I really like this track. I thought you dropped Rosario though xD

There's something bugging my about the Reborn/Pyromania track... I'm not sure if the video is slightly earlier than the song, or if there's some kinda framerate problem like with my tracks but it's not flowing right to me?

Did I mention how much I like Midnight Hour? Im glad Persona still gets to be in the MEP~

I honestly don't think I've seen this Rosatio+Vampire track before, lol. Good stuff - I do agree with what Kaz said about the same scenes but I'm not sure I'd want Ally to go back and and revise stuff seeing how busy she is so...maaaaybe just leave it be :sweat:

Dark Nurse Angel's footage is coming in a bit late compared the the audio... in the beginning, the flashing scenes of Satoshi each come in on the 'Au's of 'Au Revoir' if that helps. And as I said earlier, it looks jumpy to me.

Ha, I was wondering how you'd put this anime and song together but it worked pretty well. I'd almost want to extend the last scene of your track a tad for the transition, but that's a minor detail. A crossfade would work imo.

Yucada is a few frames late as well sync-wise. [/sync-a-holic]

Tales of Big Bad Love has the same sync issue as my tracks. The quality of it has dipped too but that might just be the breaks when compressing bluray footage.

I forget how much footage you have to play with w/ the Skip Beat track, but can you lengthen the transition there? It feels really sudden to me.

Doesn't really matter for this release, but maybe we should put the names in the songs in the credits for the downloadable version. Have we done that before? I honestly don't remember...

SatoshiSakura's track should just be 'No.6', I believe.

Edit: I don't think you really need to do much more to the credits because we aren't keeping them. For the sake of Code's sanity I say just leave them be aside from minor tweaks. I feel like Yue would have to be involved for us to use a dancing Gir, haha.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:48 pm

I'm watching the disney mep 3 stream, so I'll read over all of this soon. :)

Come join us: http://www.livestream.com/zanzaben

Kousaka
Org Profile

Post by Kousaka » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Oh, okay! Got it to work :3

I think it looks great, Code! Only change would be like Hagaren said, Sakura's track in the credits should only say 'No.6.'
- used to be iCardioidAMV/Cardioid (decided to hang it up and start anew)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Now, my track seems to stutter a lot. Like when the scene flashes to show Kirito laying on the grass in both instances both before and during the AKB parts, it doesnt flash the scene correctly. And it seems to be a little mistimed during the opening Credits portion. I also don't think that the AAC World premiere bit needs to fayde out. I think you can just hard cut that. Let it hardcut to the beginning of my track. I think it would look better.
I'll see what I can do with the stuttering. It may be de-synced by a few frames, or perhaps the wrong FPS? Can do on the hardcut.
I also think that the transition from Hagaren's Yugioh track could be better. Like when the sky goes normal, perhaps a mask or somethign would be better. Hagarens Yugi track seemed to stutter a bit as well. That fade kills it for me.
Kk, will work on. Again, I think the stuttering might be an FPS issue. Will try to fix.
The chaos;Head track: At the end of it, on the right side, it seems a lot of the girls face was cut off during the crate and character flashing right before it transitions.
Yeah, it's one of those situations where it was 720p footage and I forgot to resize. /tuna

The transition from the Evacuate track ... rom black.

I'll see what I can do. Also, why are you mispelling fade so much? D:
I think a masked transition would look best going from HOTD into the yugioh track. Mask out the girl. Meaning, mask the part she is twirling around, and have her fade out while the yugioh track rolls in the background. It would look a million times better. I don't like that fade transition.
KK, a reasonable request. :up:
The transition from Symphonia could be better. Don't know exactly how, but anything would look better than the white flash transition.
KK, can do.
The ending of the MEP needs to be strong. So when he Yells SHAKALAKA BOOM! I think a flashout would be most appropriate here.
See what I can do. Maybe I'll open up after effects.
As for the credits. I like them. My only beef with them is all the black everywhere. Perhaps an awesome image for the background so the credits aren't rolling on just a black screen. And when the credits start rolling, perhaps there should be CascadaThon 3: Handz Up Style! At the top before you the credits start rolling. And the title would roll up as the credits start coming up. Also, can we get a dancing Gir in the corner somewhere? :awesome: I think that would add a little motion and would be cute. Like, he is dancing on the bottom corner. Like Yue's Gir gif. Just an afterthought though. Think it would add some lightheartedness to it. Up to you though.
Definitely no on Yue's gir. Not happening. :rofl: Can change the title.
While the videos are cool moving next to the names. Perhaps it would look better for a masked out character fomr that persons track standing next to there names where the videos are. Again, just another afterthought. Don't have to though.
That can be done. Although if I do it, it will probably just end up being the final version of the credits for the org, because that's a lot of work.
There's something bugging my about the Reborn/Pyromania track... I'm not sure if the video is slightly earlier than the song, or if there's some kinda framerate problem like with my tracks but it's not flowing right to me?
Will double check.
Did I mention how much I like Midnight Hour? Im glad Persona still gets to be in the MEP~
Thank chu. <3

I
honestly don't think I've seen this Rosatio+Vampire track before, lol. Good stuff - I do agree with what Kaz said about the same scenes but I'm not sure I'd want Ally to go back and and revise stuff seeing how busy she is so...maaaaybe just leave it be :sweat:
We're gonna leave it be. XD
Dark Nurse Angel's footage is coming in a bit late compared the the audio... in the beginning, the flashing scenes of Satoshi each come in on the 'Au's of 'Au Revoir' if that helps. And as I said earlier, it looks jumpy to me.
Will work on.

Yucada is a few frames late as well sync-wise. [/sync-a-holic]

Will fix. :up:
Tales of Big Bad Love has the same sync issue as my tracks. The quality of it has dipped too but that might just be the breaks when compressing bluray footage.
Dem's the breaks. :(
I forget how much footage you have to play with w/ the Skip Beat track, but can you lengthen the transition there? It feels really sudden to me.
Can do.
Doesn't really matter for this release, but maybe we should put the names in the songs in the credits for the downloadable version. Have we done that before? I honestly don't remember...

SatoshiSakura's track should just be 'No.6', I believe.

Edit: I don't think you really need to do much more to the credits because we aren't keeping them. For the sake of Code's sanity I say just leave them be aside from minor tweaks. I feel like Yue would have to be involved for us to use a dancing Gir, haha.
I'll just spruce them up a bit and make them the final credits. Not a big deal now that the Disney MEP is finished.

-------------

Will work on this as soon as possible, but I go back to work tomorrow. I'll try and have another compilation ready by the end of the week. :up:

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”